AMC: Friday

• Members

I actually understood Ryan for the most part today. I found Kendell to be just plain stubborn and nonsensical today. She has been acting soo much like a shrew lately from keeping the Annie secret to now being jealous over Annie. And yes before anyone says it she was jealous. She was thinking about Ryan and Annie in bed together and living in the house with eachother and their children. She is being ridiculous and she should just be happy and content with Zach and not worrying about Ryan's personal life.

That being said. I agree with Ryan on that Spike shouldn't be around Zach. He is a target and both Kendell and Zach believe this to be true so naturally Ryan wants to protect his son. This also further just proves that Kendell's belief that Ryan will throw Spike away when he finds out Emma is his to be false.

I liked the Bianca/Josh and Zoe/Babe stuff the latter was heartwarming.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Zyrtle. I think their friendship is sweet. Plus, we wouldn't be seeing Myrtle as much (imo) if she and Zack weren't friends. I also loved that Zack agreed with Ryan about Spike being a target. It made Zack look very unselfish and like he was putting Spike first. Jon is annoying me right now, I hate the way he bullied Zoe today, but I just don't believe he's a threat to Spike. Ryan could have been a lot more compassionate in the way he made his point to Kendall, but I think he and Zack were both right in saying that the best security in the world might not save you when there is a target on your back. I noticed Ryan grabbed Kendall again today. I hadn't noticed before someone else mentioned it, but it IS irritating.

I wish Zoe had not played games with Derek. It's like she was trying to punish herself for not coming out to everyone and she's just getting herself in deeper. I bet Jon is going to come after Zoe now.

I like Babe so much more when she isn't around Josh (not because I want her with JR). I liked her scenes with Zoe and I'm glad Babe is accepting her. I'm also glad Josh didn't assume Zarf was faking or act like Zoe is a freak. Josh is a doctor after all. (Side note, I love the way the writing is making more sense these days). I had kind of hoped that Kendall would be Zoe's friend, just because AM does so well in those scenes where she grudgingly shows compassion for people. Oh well, Babe is good enough.

I agree that Josh is best with Kendall and Bianca. I love the way he's starting to stand up for his sisters.

I want to like Annie, but I just don't.

• Members

Oh, dear GAWD!!! I havea feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm going to be completely and utterly annoyed when I watch my tape.

First of all, they have no evidence to be bullying Zoe anyway. I'm trying to figure out how Zoe gets questioned, but neither Babe nor Josh are suspects at ALL -- when they are the only ones to have discovered Simone and Erin dead respectively. Zarf is the last one to see them alive, so he's suspect number one. Babe and Josh are the first ones standing over their dead bodies, and it's no big deal.

The writing on this show sucks harder than a Carey Girl on a naval base.

• Members

I'm another poster who doesn't care for Zach. I don't full on hate him but I've never thought he added anything to the show and I hate how Pine Valley now has a character with mob connections. To me, he's always been a watered-down version of GH's Sonny. It does also bug me how they give him the occasional scene with Myrtle to try to make us like him. Personally, I think he has better chemistry with Myrtle and Erica than any of the women the show has tried to pair him with.

The Zoe/Babe and Bianca/Josh scenes were fantastic! And this is coming from someone who HATES both Babe & Josh. I think Eden Riegel could bring the best performance out of anyone because Colin showed more emotion in their scenes today than he ever has in the past, imo.

Ryan's attitude was just imbecilic and Zach shouldn't have agreed with him! I can't blame Kendall for not wanting Blandie to raise her son, even if Ryan wasn't Emma's father. She should have reminded Ryan that the security at his penthouse is so lax that David kidnapped Emma while they were all home. At least she and Zach have security guards around 24/7.

Jonathan's ranting had me wishing someone would charge him with the murders instead. After all, it fits his past history unlike Zarf. Too bad Zarf didn't charge him with assault, considering Jonathan attacked him in front of so many witnesses. I used to think Jeff Branson was good at playing rage, but today he was too blustery and over the top. If only Emma had killed him, Blandie, & Zach! :lol:

• Members

Thanks for the warm welcome earlier! :D I LOVED today's eppy! Who else but Myrt and Zach would drink JD out of tea cups? ROFLMAO!! Bianca getting a clue was great... Eden SO rocks! I was frankly even touched by Babe's reaction to Zoe (Did I say that out loud?) :huh: The only downside to me was Cryan Ryan. :angry: I expect Jonathan to do what Jonathan did today, but Ryan's approach with Kendall was all wrong. I wanted to reach through the screen and choke him! :angry: He was right, but he was SO wrong at the same time. :unsure: This Zoe storyline seems to be bringing some life back to the show though. :D

• Members

I grew tired of Jonathan's ranting and raving myself. I liked how Annie was trying to calm him down.

The show was up and down for me today. I really enjoyed Zoe and Babe's scenes along with Josh and Bianca but Ryan/Kendall/Zach were meh. I hate how men are back to deciding what Kendall should do. Ryan just needs to STFU.... and Zach should know not to even suggest such a thing as Kendall and Spike serpated regardless of whats going on. Anyway still good show and Zyrtle! :lol:

• Members

I just finished watching and that's exactly what I was thinking. One, Jeff Branson is a one note actor. Two, Jonathan Lavery has the hot-fcuking NERVE to insist that someone pays for murdering Erin, when he's murdered three people -- including HIS OWN BROTHER -- and got away with it.

I'm sorry if this sounds vicious, but I truly wanted to bash Jonathan's head into one of the PVPD walls. Make the sonuvab!tch brain dead again. I'm tired of his privileged attitude the writers give him all because he's a Lavery. Especially when Ryan is one of the worst characters on this show. While the Martins are the second worst family, at least every single member of that family didn't come on to the show conning, killing, aiding and abetting -- and then proceed to judge everyone around them.

Rebecca Taylor, today's scriptwriter -- UGH! I hate, hate, hate how they always seem to use Miss Redundant Scene-Stalling Dialog to write episodes with interrogation scenes. I swear to GAWD, I was about to hurl my cute little remote at the television when Derek said all he was waiting for from Zoe was a straight answer.

Are you fcuking serious?! That's ALL Derek was waiting for? :rolleyes:

And I'm tired of people whining about Zyrtle. She's not a prop -- she's Zach "talk to" (as Agnes Nixon refers to the function these characters serve). Zach needs someone to bounce his feelings and ideas off of, and since, for years, everyone hated Zach because he had Erica hospitalized for alcohol poisoning, she was the only character on the damn canvas that the Zach character could emote with. If not, there would've been ZERO outlet for Zach's inner thoughts. Myrtle is not a prop.

Bianca is a Babe prop because, "Babe is Love." End of THAT story.

Erica is a Lavery prop because there is no way that Erica would want a triple homicidal lunatic like Jonathan to actually be anywhere near her stepdaughter Lily. If Erica holds a grudge against Zach because his brother Michael raped Bianca, then Erica should hold a grudge against Jonathan and Ryan because Jonathan held her daughter and two step daughters hostage in that cave AS WELL AS terrorize her daughter Bianca and her granddaughter Miranda. But yet, Erica went around telling Jack he was wrong for disliking Jonathan's relationship with Lily? THAT'S a prop.

Myrtle being used to advise Zach and be friends with Zach isn't being a prop. It's being a friend. She kicks him in the pants when she feels he's being dumb, and she comforts him when she feels he's being a little precarious. That's what friends do.

• Members

Whatever. Maybe I just can't stand Zach. Whatever it is, the Zach and Myrtle scenes always grate my nerves. Simone and Myrtle had a much more realistic friendship and had they given Simone real stories, I could only imagine how great it would have been (or could have been, since it probably wouldn't have happened anyway) to see Simone up late at night at the boarding house and Myrtle putting on some tea and the two of them talking. That would have been SO classic!

In a fricken police station no less, IN FRONT OF THE POLICE CHIEF.

Derek needs to be shot

by Emma.

• Members

You know, I'd really love for someone to explain why people still use this phrase and where it originates from. I believe it originated when Bianca, Kendall, and Erica all slapped the piss out of Babe after the babyswitch. Yeah, we're supposed to side with Erica as far as Ryan is concerned but we're supposed to side against Erica as far as Babe is concerned?

Am I reading into it too much? Is someone reading into it too much? Has McTash lost her ever-loving mind?

• Members
Bianca's court testimony in which she asked the judge to grant sole custody of Little A to Babe instead of JR. She said some very nauseating things but Babe is Love is the one that stuck out and has a life of it's own by now. If you look up the days of the custody hearing you can probably find the transcript.

Rebecca Taylor wrote today's show? Why am I not surprised? I didn't even think today's show had the acting that partially saved the mess Courtney Bugler made of Wednesday's episode. The Zach/Kendall/Ryan scenes were so flat and stupid and plot contrived. Those two are just the worst. I hope they leave when MMT leaves. Yes, I still believe.

I've thought about this Myrtle props Zach idea and I disagree. When Kendall found out about the blackout and she broke up with Zach it was Myrtle who told him she loved him but he deserved to lose Kendall after that revelation. If Myrtle propped Zach she would have pulled the dialogue that Kendall has to pull for Ryan or Bianca has to pull for Babe. Something about how Zach caused the blackout out of love for Kendall and he made the mistake because he loves so much. Or Myrtle would completely disregard his mistakes like Kendall does with Ryan's when she saw with her own eyes how close he came to punching Greenlee and his other King Lavery actions. I think Myrtle is more a sounding board for Zach. Babe's sounding board would more be Amanda and sometimes KWAK whereas Bianca just straight up props Babe just like Kendall props Ryan but someone had to take over Greenlee's job. I feel Kendall's propping job will now be taken over by Annie and I have no problem with that though I have a problem with propping in general. I just don't care about Annie enough. Anyone but Kendall. I actually think Dixie is the one that used to prop Zach but that stupid storyline has got nipped in the butt. Thank God.

To this day I think Erica's continuous worship of all things Lavery after what Ryan did to Kendall and Greenlee and what Jonathan did to all her daughters is punishment for SL basically getting her fired during her second stint with AMC. Some people think she had something against RB from something that happened way back on Guiding Light and she pretty much drove RB out with the awful Rylee and podGreenlee writing. Then again she loves Ryan Lavery and Babe Carey and look at what a mess she made of their characters. I just choose to believe that she is very untalented at what she does but her ego is too large to realize her mistakes.

• Members

I have started a new poll to fill in for the missing TOP 10 (only as long as it is down). Once it comes back this will stop. The procedure of picking the ballot will change some next week. I got the idea for this too late to get it started this week.

Check it out at:

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.p...c=14446&hl=

My introduction paragragh explains things. Hope everyone will participate.

• Members

Yeah, you can't stand Zach -- and I can't stand Babe. But as much as I despise that slut, I'm able to indentify her sounding boards/talk to characters from her propping characters.

Sounding Board

Krystal - her mother, so that's natural

Amanda - I can "buy" their friendship, bonding over Janet

Josh - he's obsessed with her

JR - he's the one responsible for bringing this trash to the show.

ex-David - her father

Props

Bianca - Babe is Love. End of Story

Tad - Supports BIL theory even though she's betrayed both of his "sons"

Jeff - Comes to town and two days later is defending Babe against ERICA for a son he never even knew?

Adam - Knows Babe is a whore and has betrayed his son countless times, but continues to sing her praises to JR? Please.

Now, when it comes to Zach, name at least FOUR people who have absolutely NO reason to say anything nice about him, but go out of their way to do it anyway -- and then I might be able to see why there would be a problem with Zach propping. But if Myrtle is the only person out of Zach's immediate orbit that is being nice to him, I hardly consider that being a prop.

• Members

Exactly. I hate Babe and I hate some of the dialogue that Krystal and Babe have but at least it makes sense that Krystal would always be on her daughters side. That is not propping. Bianca and her stupid need to excuse all of Babe's behaviour as love is propping. One person is nice to Zach other than Kendall and Bianca and it's propping. God forbid someone other than his wife say something nice about him. Compared to all the Ryan is hero dialogue that happnes almost daily in Pine Valley it's a joke that we're talking about Zach propping. Myrtle calls Zach on his [!@#$%^&*]. See the post blackout conversation for proof. She also told him he was being too stubborn when he wouldn't talk to Kendall during the Madden Murder Mystery. She didn't say you are 100% right and innocent and Kendall is evil like Bianca would with Babe/JR.

Archived