AMC: Friday

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I say Hate who you want, no big deal to me either. I guess saying Myrtle is there to prop Zach rubbed me the wrong way cause popular characters don't need propping, it's unpopular characters that do(ie. Ryan, Babe, Krystal, Dixie). You know how weak a character is by the amount of propping they get.

Anyways Annie tells Ryan that Jonathan is out of control and could hurt someone. So the Penthouse ias safer HOW? Jonathan may not hurt Spike intentionally, but unintentionally.

• Members

Don't you know that we aren't allowed to hate Zach? I also hated Ryan after they paired him with Greenlee, he suddenly was a character I didn't recognize. And then he worked his way back into my good graces last year right about the same time that Zach started to bug the crap out of me. Zach looks like he needs to be thrown into a shower and held down and shaved. And his riddles are just stupid. This guy never learns his lesson and is arrogant. For me Zach and Babe are the two characters that I dislike the most on this show and I hate how I now don't like Myrtle because she props for Zach! I bet she'll be the one to get killed off next!

• Members

Don't put words into people's mouth. Where was it said people weren't allowed to hate Zach? :rolleyes:

For crying out loud Myrtle doesn't prop Zach. So everyone that's friends on soaps are only props for each other? That's why that doesn't make sense. Now saying Amanda props Babe is true cause they're friendship had no build up is one thing.

• Members

Ok then! Now I'm putting words into your mouth. You proved my point though. Let one person say anything about Zach or say that Myrtle is propping for him and out come the troops. Say one thing positive towards Ryan and here comes the hate. This is why many people won't post on the message boards anymore. What a shame. It just makes me root more for TK to move to another soap so my board buds come back.

• Members

LMAO! Of course. You're cracking me up today.

Anyway - both Zach and Ryan have done some f'ed up things - I blame it on the writing as to why Zach is favored over Ryan...Zach gets to be cool and calm and collective while doing bad things...as Ryan gets to be loud, arrogant, and aggressive. People don't prefer the latter.

Anyway I hope we can all have opinions and favorite characters and not so favorite characters without insulting each other or pissing each other off...

• Members

I agree, and I apologize if I insulted anyone. Guess I'm too passionate about Zach :P

The writing does have alot to do with it, but it's also how each actor portrays the respective characters as well. I like Cam, but he just can't pull off sympathetic Ryan, or "root for" Ryan.

• Members

I'm sorry if I upset anyone. I just want you all to see how you can force other people away from the discussion. There are a lot of people with opinions, and it would be nice if we could just state our thoughts as that and not facts. I personally think that Cam has done a great job with the changing Ryan over the last 3 years. He has been given some crappy storylines to try and pull off while others get the cream. Now he gets Greenlee redux and is just doing the best he can with that even though people seem to hate this actress as well.

And sometimes those who are too passionate turn off people to their cause. I like it when I can go from loving to hating a character. Ryan, Jonathan, JR have all been able to do that for me.

• Members

The writing stinks for him but if Cameron Mathison could just put some depth in his performance I would probably see something in his character worth watching. Maybe we actually hate Ryan for valid reasons. Please don't tell me I do it because it's easy. Some of us viewers are actually intelligent enough to hate people for their actions and are not going to forgive Ryan for his transgressions. It's our perogative to hate him please don't tell us we only do it because it's easy. That's a cop-out.

Zach was also an ass today. Way to back up your wife and side with Ryan but I forgot that this is Pine Valley. Ryan must always be right, Ryan is a hero and Ryan will never abandon his family never mind that he abandoned Jonathan and Erin and Greenlee. This show is stupid.

• Members

Zach has started to remind me a lot of how Juan Pablo was in 2003, when people connected to him were getting attacked left and right. I distinctly remember me wondering why people weren't like "Dude, get the eff away from me! I ain't bout to go out like that!" whenever he showed up. If I'm not mistaken, Juan Pablo is pretty much the reason why Edmund was paralyzed and why Carloser got killed (not that I had problems with the latter).

I used to love Zach back in 2004 and early 2005. I even tolerated him, Maria, and the damned "casita" or however you spell it. I used to *love* it when he'd come across someone who didn't like him and he'd be all smiles and kind and nice to them. That was hilarious. But I don't know...ever since he and Kendall got together...he's just different. A lot of her extreme arrogance rubbed off on him and now they both annoy the heck out of me. I wouldn't be the list bit disappointed if they both left for a long, long time, because like a lotta people think that AMC has turned into "The Babe Show," I definitely think it's become "I Love Kendall." And Zach is her Ricky Ricardo.

• Members

I agree :)

I also could see where Zach was coming from, he feels he can't protect Kendall, and probably feels that he won't be able to protect Spike either.

Yeah the Ryan=hero stuff is getting old. I'm loving the Ryan bashing on various boards, people who were loving him are hating him after today. :D

Archived