DAYS: Drake files restraining order on crazed fan...

• Members

Saw this posted by Jason47:

TMZ has reported that Drake Hogestyn was attacked by a crazed fan on New Year's Eve right on his own private residence. He's filed a restraining order, which can be viewed here if you have the correct program to see it. They struggled for over 10 minutes until he and son Ben could finally restrain him. The "fan" was trying to exorcise the Devil from Drake, and kept calling him by his character name, John Black.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/010306_hogestyn_wm.pdf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, the fan was trying to "exorcize" the demon from Drake? LMAO!

So, back in 1995, the demon in Marlena temporarily took over John's body to get his soul. The fan must've thought that the demon was still there.

Crazy fans.

• Members

Full Article:

Soap Star Attacked, Decks Obsessed Fan

Posted Jan 3rd 2007 7:09PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Celebrity Justice, TV

TMZ has obtained a restraining order filed by veteran "Days of Our Lives" actor Drake Hogestyn against a man he says assaulted him in his home and "physically tried to exorcise the devil from me."

Hogestyn, who has played John Black on NBC's "Days" for over 20 years, says he was with his family in the backyard of their Malibu home when Carl Raymond Cheney of Portland, OR came onto his property and ran at his daughter carrying a bible screaming "'Where is he? I will cast him out!'." Hogestyn says Cheney was "calling me by my stage name... recalling past storylines, especially the demonic possession of several years past. But more important, he thought I was dead, because the show that aired on Friday 12.29.06 left my character John Black shot & presumed dead."

Hogestyn, who was on a ladder painting his house, says Cheney grabbed and pushed his wife backwards on their patio stairs. At that time, Hogestyn "grabbed him by the hair, spun him around, delivered a right cross to the chin that sent him down the stairs." According to the restraining order the struggle continued for 10 minutes until Hogestyn and his 25-year-old son Ben were able to subdue Cheney by duct-taping the intruder's hands and feet until police arrived.

Cheney was transported to the L.A. County Jail where he is still in custody on $150,000 bail. According to the court documents, a map with directions from Portland to Hogestyn's home were found in the front seat of Cheney's car.

• Members

I get why some find the humor here, so I'm not trying to put that down. But I don't find this funny. If anything, I find this crap scary as hell. Granted, soap stars are not A list actors but even so...look at Rebecca Schaeffer and countless others. Hell, Andrea Evans had to leave OLTL because of a stalker.

I'm glad that Drake got a restraining order. There are a lot of sickos out there.

• Members

If this guy thought that Drake was dead due to the fact that EJ shot him in the episode prior to the attack, can you IMAGINE how on the edge of his seat the viewer must be?! To think it's all completely real... must be insanely exciting. Makes me wish I was insane! LoL

Archived