DAYS: Drake files restraining order on crazed fan...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I read this thread, it was a little funny but really it's serious. I mean, his family must be terrified. I am glad he got a restraining order.

He can't watch Days now? Okay.....

And Rion. :lol: I laughed, and almost had a heartattack when I read your posts! I mean, I can't believe you! LOL!

• Members

Here's another article from People online magazine:

drake_hogestyn.jpg

Man Tries to Exorcise Days of Our Lives Star

Some say TV is evil, but Carl Raymond Cheney actually tried to exorcise the devil from a soap star.

The Oregon man pleaded no contest Wednesday to misdemeanor battery and entering private property without permission after allegedly breaking into the Malibu home of Days of Our Lives star Drake Hogestyn on New Year's Eve.

"This sick person Carl Raymond Cheney believed that Satan was in me and that he was the Christ," Hogestyn wrote in his request for a restraining order, which was granted, the Associated Press reports.

Hogestyn, who plays John Black on the NBC soap, said in his filing that he was standing on a ladder when Cheney, clutching a Bible, ran at his daughter screaming, "Where is he? I will cast him out."

As TMZ.com reported, according to the documents, Cheney was "calling me by my stage name ... recalling past (Days) storylines, especially the demonic possession of several years past. But more important, he thought I was dead, because the show that aired on Friday 12.29.06 left my character John Black shot & presumed dead."

Hogestyn charges that Cheney grabbed his wife and pushed her backward before the actor jumped from the ladder and confronted him.

In a scene straight out of a daytime drama, Hogestyn says he "grabbed him by the hair, spun him around, delivered a right cross to the chin that sent him down the stairs."

Hogestyn and his son restrained Cheney with duct tape until police arrived.

Sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 6. Until then, Cheney, released on his own recognizance, was ordered to stay with his father, undergo psychological counseling and take his prescribed medications.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20006815,00.html

Archived