Happy Birthday, Sunset Beach!

• Members

Anybody miss Amy? She was alot like Sami Brady, always trying to break up... uh... damn, what were their names again? Sara? Sara and... damn, I can't remember the names. Anyway, Amy even had an evil sidekick, just like Sami with Lucas! She would often ask herself, "What would Sami Brady do?" I always got a kick out of that.

SuBe at its worst was the Rosario Jewels storyline, in which everyone on the show turned into old people. That was idiotic.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First of all, Amy Nielsen and Brad were the dynamic duo; they were trying to break up Sean and Emily.

Second of all, I LOVED the Rosario Jewels storyline! I believe James E. Reilly even did consulting work for that story. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Anyway, who remembers THIS:

"Niel, sine, numine...niel, sine, numine..."

(Not necessarily spelled that way, lol).

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER forget that famous line that was repeated numerous times throughout the storyline.

• Members

The thing is that, even with the campiness and the in-jokes (which I saw as a favor to the audience -- "We know you think this is silly but we appreciate you going along with it"), SuBe could still deliver as a soap. I mean, I will always remember Gabi's breakdown on the stand after admitting her father raped her. Priscilla Garita played it straight and kept me glued to the screen. Similarly when Thickardo had his stroke after discovering Gabi and Antonio's indiscretion and plotted from his wheelchair. Or when Meg realized Ben was really Derek. Or when Maria FINALLY showed up at Ben & Meg's wedding dinner. Awesomeness!

I even liked Wei-Li and the Asian family during the show's first year. Too bad TPTB got rid of them.

Spooky to think how many SuBe vets B&B has amassed over the years. Sad that Sarah Buxton, Clive Robertson, Sam Behrens and Priscilla Garita have still not been picked up by another soap, though. Although CR is doing stellar work on MyNetworkTV's telenovela Wicked Wicked games at the moment.

• Members

I would love to see Sarah play an original role. Comedy was obviously her speciality, but she can also do vulnerability and drama, as her first few months on B&B showed.

The thing is, which soap would take her? I mean, personally, I would rather see her on Y&R as Morgan instead of having Amber there, for example. Fenmore's dept store might need an in-house designer... or they could buy up Morgan's new clothing line. Or something.

• Members

Man, I miss this show.

Shockwave, Terror Island, etc. Hell, even the stupid Jewel story found a way to hold my attention.

The location shots and the cast-wow. Just a great show.

I can't beleive Susan ward was that big of a [!@#$%^&*]. I heard rumors but wow. I loved her and Ben and know they had a big following.

I can't beleive some of these actors aren't working. The show was fantastic.

Archived