ATWT- Spoiler/Rumor about Tom

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's how I feel too.

Hypothetically, this storyline could be interesting b/c it would involve the whole Hughes family, including his parents.

But why do I get the feeling that this is going to revolve around Emily (who's the one who tells him the news about Daniel disappearing, according to the spoilers), Dusty (b/c somehow we all know he'll get involved), and probably Casey and Adam??

• Members

I think the Heart Attack is just one fragment of the Margo and Tom story, most of the story will be about Casey's Gambling and the fallout from that, this will be playing out until April I would assume until Zach(Casey) possibly leaves the show. If we put all this together with what was said from JP in her email, this storyline will involve Will, Gwen, Casey, Maddie, Adam, Luke, Jade, Tom and Margo, and that the storyline will be explosive.

Yes I know I just make this sound 10 times better than it will play out on screen.

I think we will be seeing alot more of this storyline once the fab 3 leave the show Carly/Simon/Mike

• Members

I don't understand how this is going to turn into a storyline for Tom and Margo either. I would hate to see the writers break them up, even if it would mean more airtime for the characters. It's possible to have marital problems w/o splitting.

Any storyline that's going to having Tom and Margo involved w/ the teens doesn't sound good. I'm sure the teens are going to hog up the airtime, as they always do (esp. if Gwen and Will are getting involved :rolleyes:).

• Members

The way I'm thinking....Tom has Casey's gambling habits to deal with at first....then Daniel disappears. Tom has all he can take, has a heart attack, the storyline for Tom/Margo lasts for like a week, and then J.P. thinks of something else for the teen scene with Tom/Margo making occasional appearances. :rolleyes: Now that is probably how it will all go down.

• Members

I'm not falling for it! Tom is an extra whether it's Hogan or Passanante. You really expect me to believe they're getting a story? I'll believe it when I see it!

Oh yes! And if Tom DOES have a heart attack I don't expect Bob, Kim, Nancy or Lisa to be involved. I bet they don't even know Lisa is his mother and Nancy will be too busy with Katie.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 2 2007, 11:26 PM)
Oh yes! And if Tom DOES have a heart attack I don't expect Bob, Kim, Nancy or Lisa to be involved. I bet they don't even know Lisa is his mother and Nancy will be too busy with Katie.

Yes that would mean that JP would have to know some history of the show, which she does not. I think it is so sad that I have not seen Tom and Lisa in a scene together for years, or Tom, Lisa, Bob, Kim, it just sickens me. :(

• Members

Well, that's what pisses me off. Hogan's excuse for never using Lisa was b/c, according to him, she didn't have family on ATWT. Umm...what?? :blink: She's Tom's mother, Bob's ex-wife, Kim and Barbara's friend, she used to be in a feud w/ Lucinda, and obviously has connections to Margo, Casey, Adam, Emily (b/c of Daniel), Nancy, Lily (b/c they co-own the Lakeview.), Jessica (isn't she Bonnie's godmother?), Carly, etc. That's a lot of connections! Not to mention that I'm sure that she could probably interact w/ most of the other characters on the show anyway.

But it's just not about Lisa b/c none of the vets get storylines anyway.

I'm sure that if the writers had their way, they'd just kill Tom off altogether.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 3 2007, 12:03 AM)
Don't forget John Dixon who is basically Dusty's father. They LOVE propping Dusty and couldn't manage to throw John a bone. Now they're bringing on a much deSORASed Brad Snyder. The writing are hacks, pure and simple!

Oh yes! That's another bone of contention for me!

It's not as if John didn't have any kids on the show between Andy leaving and Dusty coming back: Margo is his daughter. But it was the same as what happened w/ Lisa b/c TIIC were backburnering Tom and Margo, so of course, why would they ever give their parents a storyline, right?

And then, last year they decided to devote an entire segment to John Dixon for the 50th anniversary. Not even Bob Hughes, who's still on the show, got that much attention. It was as if they were saying, "Yes, we know that John was an important character in Oakdale, but we just let LB walk off b/c it doesn't matter!" B/c wasn't that episode just a way to taunt the viewers by featuring 7 of the most neglected actresses on the show?

When the writers gave Lucinda the cancer storyline (which, again, is another example of shoddy writing and lack of interest in the vets), I kept thinking that it would have been a lot better if John were still around and could have taken care of her, instead of Meg.

There's just a lot of lost opportunities. It's really sad that the writers don't seem to know, or rather, choose to neglect the history of the show.

Archived