Amelia Heinle (Victoria,Y&R) beaten up by drugie ex, hid out in hotel for fear of life

• Members

I just picked up the National Enquirer, January 8, 2007 edition.

Apparently, Amelia Heinle got involved with an actor Peter Greene after her divorce from Michael Weatherly in 1997. He was a raging heroin addict whom AMelia became obsessed with, worrying Michael. He had a police report for stalking and carrying a concealed weapon. She married him and during their four years together, he beat her. Her son, August, now 10, was terrified. The boy heard fighting and was forced to watch scary movies. Michael learned from the nanny that Peter was using drugs in front of August and hitting Amelia.

Court papers say Michael was awakened in the morning by Amelia pounding on the door. She had red marks on her neck. However, she soon went back. Michael became concinced she had battered wife syndrome. He later found out Peter kept a gun at their home.

On May 23, 1998, Amelia came crying for help because Peter smashed her cell phone and was waiting outside Michael's home in a rage. "Peter barged into Michael's home, pulling the doorknob off and screaming for his wife." Michael dialed 911 and Peter left.

Michael fled to a hotel with Amelia and their son under assumed names and obtained a restaining order. It took Amelia several more years to leave Greene. Michael got full custody of August during the transition. Amelia divorced him in 2001.

Why wasn't this in Disgest? If court records are being cited, there must be some grain of truth.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, for some reason I think that I had heard this before while she was on AMC.

I don't recall where I read it from (magazine, internet, etc.), but I definitely remember hearing about her losing custody of her son. :o

The National Enquirer and the other magazines of the like (ie. the Star and the Globe) actually feature (or used to at least) a lot of gossip about soap stars. Whether it's true or not, I'm never sure. I always thought that why would they start rumours about soap stars of all people when they could make up stuff about more well-known celebs.

Archived