Brenda Dickinson (ex-Jill, Y&R)

• Members

I saw the picture of Brenda Dickinson in DruRocks' posts, and I'm intrigued by Jerry Douglas' quote that he "couldn't stand her." :lol: Can anyone give me the scoop on Brenda's exit from Y&R and what may have occurred between her and Jerry Douglas? I don't recall Brenda ever appearing on another soap. Was she blackballed from the industry? I always liked her interpretation of Jill Abbott the best.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I may have got it wrong, but from what I watched on The Young and the Restless: The E! THS, she got fired after having too many illnesses on the set, and she couldn't come to work. There was at one point, she had an infection, and had to leave work early, and the execs got tired of her calling out all the time, so they replaced her.

• Members

she sure wasn't wonderful in her 80s appearances that Dru uploaded. Wretched acting!

Regarding Jerry Douglas - she made numerous public complaints regarding the show always sticking her with "geriatric" men. A true class act ... :rolleyes:

• Members

Ugh! Yes I think it is. They can't be much different in age, yet one looks so much better...

I've only seen scads of her work but if the stuff I've seen of her in the 80s is indicative of what she became, I'll be thankful for Jess Walton.

• Members

From what she said on the E! behind the scenes of Y&R show it sounded like she was one of the many unfortunate women who suffer from horribly painful periods with severe cramping and bleeding. She said they would basically make life as awful as possible for her by scheduling her on the set all day even though they didn't use her. They also would force her to come in on days off and then not use her.

• Members

Take a look at this :lol: :lol:

Part 1

Part 2

LOL! After Brenda was gone Jerry admited that he hated working with her. And it's clear as to why. If you check out the "VideoBash" forum, there are some Brenda clips there and you can see she took her acting to a whole other "bizarre level." She was practically a "Joan Collins" with all her hysterics. I have no idea what BD was on, but whatever it was, worked against her.

I admit that I did enoy the banter between her and Kay, but was relieved when Jess Walton replaced her. In fact I believe TPTB had JE waiting patiently until Brenda's contract was up so they could replace her.

And yep BadZoe that was pretty much the story that went down. It was a "he said, she said" type thing. It got to the point where Brenda was missing too many days due to illness. As it seems though she was too much behind the scenes. I believe Thom Bierdz called her a "handful." Jerry also stated (jokingly) that he felt like strangling her at times because of her behaviour. The whole quote under my signature was basically a response by JD when he was asked which Jill he preferred working with (Brenda/Walton).

Basically she sued for wrongful termination, and I believe everything was settled outside of court. Ever since then she has been pretty much blacklisted from the industry.

But anyways here she is TODAY out and ABOUT!

AceYoungfinal2.jpg

MarcCherryfinal3.jpg

reunion2.jpg

BrendaDicksonred.jpg

• Members

Pics are from her Official Site. Comments taken off her site.

The remarkable Marc Chery honored, Creator and Producer of Desperate Housewives. Please write Marc at ABC for a possible part. We talked about me.

Ace Young, "American Idol Star" was Brenda's dinner companion at the Thalians Ball. Ace Wowed the Audience with a song he wrote "Scatter."

stairsa.jpg

flowers1.jpg

Archived