Y&R: Baby Name Spoiler

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think using someone's middle name is that big a deal. If they named her Summer Cassandra - that would be...not good, but Nick did love Cassie, and just because he is a cheater, it doesn't really tarnish the love he felt for her.

• Members

ITA! I don't know why people are throwing hissy fits because Nick wants to give his new daughter the same middle name as HIS late daughter. I've heard people say he should have asked Sharon for permission to use Ann as Summer's middle name. If the shoe was on the other foot, do you think Sharon would have asked Nick if she could use HER daughter's middle name for another child? No, because she wouldn't have to. I don't think one parent has to ask the other to use any part of THEIR child's name as long as it's not disrespected.

• Members

Assuming Phick's intentions are sincere, I don't think there's anything wrong with them giving their Phick spawn Cassie's middle name. BUT, I think it would have been especially considerate of them to have talked with Sharon (I mean, seriously, they had like 11 whole months to bring it up, LOL), not necessarily to get her permission, but just to let her know their intentions. That way, she can't make a big issue about it when she finds out (which she probably won't anyway... we have to wait and see). They know that this whole situation is a very sensitive issue for all involved and it would just be the mature, adult thing to do. As trivial as all of this might seem, I know how a similar set of circumstances can create a whole lot of unwanted inter-family drama that can last for years, so it's best to just handle it as delicately as possible. Of course, this is daytime drama, so... LOL!

Now, the Team Sharon/Anti-Phick part of me see things a bit differently... :P

Archived