OLTL: Nora spoiler!!!!!

• Members

This is wonderful news..... so long as she is used!! Nora was kept in a coma ON CONTRACT for over 5 or so months, rite? No point in her having there and not using her. She brings so much to this show. She needs a REAL storyline. I love Catherine Hickland and Carolyn Hinsey did mention that Hickland was returning back to OLTL to shoot episodes. I hope this means a story for Viki next. But again good news...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, I didn't read the part about this article actually being a hoax... some of it did sound familiar from the last time Nora was given a contract though (last year was it?).. but the part about Hickland is true, it was printed in the newspaper by Carolyn Hinsey...

• Members

WOO HOO!!! This is good news for 'OLTL' and bad news for 'AMC' since it makes TPTB look like even bigger jackasses for not keeping Julia Barr. Anyway, I'm thrilled for HBS and I'm SO GLAD she's going to be getting story. This smells like Kay Alden to me.

• Members

Me too...nothing against a2sassy or any else in this thread, but I would like to see more confirmation of this. There is nothing about it on TVGuide's website or on Hillary's official website. I don't usually read the soap mags, so I'm not sure about them.

But the reason I'm skeptical is because this seems to be a complete 360 from December 2005. This time last year, seems like OLTL only wanted HBS around long enough to finish up her storyline. Then they very rarely used her throughout 2006, and then right before her one year contract extension is up they suddenly offer her a new 4-year contract with the promise of a big storyline involving Bo, Lindsey, Asa, and others? I'm sorry, but that just seems a bit odd to me.

I hope very much so that this is true because I love HBS and I love OLTL, but I just have this feeling in my gut that something is up here. Again, I'm not doubting a2sassy or anyone else here, but something just doesn't feel right about this to me; especially when you look at all the other bonehead moves OLTL has done lately (firing DG and JC, letting TW and HT walk, the IWBASS winner, all the upcoming newbies, renewing ME's contract, etc...).

If this is actually true, then it means changes are coming at OLTL. Because the present staff would never have let something like this happen. So either someone, somewhere (but not anyone here) made this up, or our letters to Santa and prayers to God have finally been answered and help has finally arrived to repair OLTL.

I sooooo hope this is true but, as AMC Zendall Fan said, it would be the first time something like this happened.

• Members

You're not in the minority....I also think that Envangeline has also taken Nora's place. When Nora begged Evangeline to take over prosecuting Spencer, that clinched it for me.

On a side note though, the judge didn't buy Evangeline's argument that Spencer is sane. While we all know he is, Evangeline couldn't prove it without a doubt. Plus she was unsuccessful in her attempt to keep Todd from being executed.

So, in some ways it's good that it's Evangeline and not Nora. All those defeats sure doesn't help St. Vangie's reputation these days. :lol:

But yeah, I think that Evangeline has taken Nora's place in a lot of ways.

• Members

LOL, the only thing I focused on in the trial is how much the judge acted like Frank Ryan and how cool it would have been in terms of soap history (and a nod to Ryan's Hope) if DHK were actually playing Judge Frank Ryan. Would have been perfect for a character that had been a cop, lawyer and senator, not to mention always sure that he was right. :P

Anyway, I have that TV Guide issue, too, and I just thought "again with the triangle angle"? Bo, Sam, Troy, RJ, Bo again...and, of course, Lindsay always come across as the neurotic loser. Been there, done that, don't care.

• Members

I am happy for Hillarry and OLTL if this is true because Nora is a staple and OLTL has already lost alot of its core and doesn't need to lose any more but I mean why didn't this happen for Julia Barr on AMC? I mean they both I would think command the same money, both are vets, both are staples on their respective shows, Brooke I'd argue even more so than Nora. I am elated at this news but at the same time wonder why Hillary is getting the special treatment. Perhaps Frons isn't making the decisions anymore.

Archived