AMC, OLTL, GH, B&B, ATWT, GL hw and ep shakups?

• Members

I know that Wikipedia is not always the most reliable source of information on the net. I also know that I have not really kept up with all the head writer threads in the recent past, however, accoding to a chart on the "Soap Opera" entry at Wikipedia, the head writers and executive producers at AMC, OLTL, GH, B&B, ATWT, and GL are all out in 2007.

Again, I have no idea how accurate this information is, but thought it was interesting and that I would pass it along.

It's in the "Current Writing, Producing & Directing Team (American)" chart in the middle of the page.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_opera

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It has been awhile since many of these soaps have had changes. So I think it is brewing and esp. with the ratings dropping for so many.

I wish it would come out somewhere besides Wikipedia though. It just seems like lately there have been several things posted in Wikipedia with no sources listed. Just makes me wonder if it is not a fan putting it in there as a fake press release type thing.

• Members

Well, that's true...anyone can post anything at that site. That's why I really question its accuracy. But then again, some of it may turn out to be true. But I agree with you, Wikipedia is open to everyone to post, and that causes problems there sometimes.

• Members

I think this has a strong possibility of being true. We KNOW all of ABCD will be getting new headwriters and I don't think CBS is going to let their soaps sit and rot. They offered Jack Smith a writing position at B&B and Kay Alden was working at ATWT so they obviously know those soaps need change.

I can only hope these changes happen soon and are positive for the soaps!

• Members

While there's a lot of tinkering at all these shows and some changes in the works,

please take this Wikipedia gossip item with a grain of salt. I don't think Ellen Wheeler/Kreizman

are going anywhere after the November sweeps results and the money CBS doled over for

their 70th Anniversary "location" filming. Wheeler has gotten enormous press for GL and the

ratings growth has been small, but still more than most other shows have gotten. The show

actually has a "buzz" going that "DAYS" has lost.

Goutman may or may not retire from ATWT, but they're not letting Pasanante go simply because

she's solid and writes whatever they tell her to write without giving any flack. She's the kind of HW

that networks LOVE.

ABC is very likely to have some shockers coming up including the tidbit floating around that

Brian Frons is being ousted.

If the ratings at NBC go up, then you can bet your sweet ass that ABC and CBS will make huge

changes.

It's all relative.

Archived