AMC, OLTL, GH, B&B, ATWT, GL hw and ep shakups?

• Members

Has it ever been confirmed that Kay Alden was consulting for ATWT? This is only something that I've read here.

Also, about wikipedia, yeah, I wouldn't trust that chart at all. I edited that chart a week or two ago to take out weird wishful-thinking rumors someone had left, like Wendy Riche going back to GH as EP, and just didn't edit everything out. I left that "till '07" stuff in there because it was relatively harmless compared to the other crazy rumors that were there before.

This is the really crazy version of the page that was up before I took out the rumors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...;oldid=91037596

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

W/ the P&G soaps' contracts up in 2007 too, I think that either both soaps are going to get cancelled or that P&G is going to clean house and give the shows new EPs and HWs/writing staffs.

However, I'm really worried w/ both shows keeping their EPs and HWs until next year b/c I think the ratings are just going to get worse, at least for ATWT. So P&G might just decide that it's not worth it to keep them around. In July, I would have said that the shows weren't going to get cancelled b/c they were doing really well, not just in the ratings, but creatively as well. Now, though, I think I'm going to have to rethink things. :(

• Members

Erica, that is one rumor that I hope is true. I really believe that if Frons goes, then so does Higley, McTavish, and possibly Guza. All the HW's will be crapping in their pants if this comes true. And a lot of the EP's should be worried too. ABC daytime would have a chance at surviving if this were true. I am not holding my breath though.

• Members

actually to want goutman out would not be smart. it was him who was the starting factor in turning the show around. he hired hogan sheffer and brought atwt to emmy glory again. you can say it was hogan but goutman's production was another big reason. just look at the difference between riche and phelps on gh. the thing wrong with atwt is passanante, not goutman. he is a class act, and wasnt even given enough time to turn aw around. imagine, if another world had not been canceled how many emmys it would have won and nominations by now. gl im 50/50 on. i think its turned around but some of their stuff is still cheesy and kreizman doesnt do a good enough job in writing performances. he's young and brings a generational zing to every storyline it sometimes isnt always good. but wheeler is a good producer, she just needs to cut her losses with kreisman. i think wheeler should hire gary tomlin to write for the show. its time he came back to the soap world. however lately i have found gl more watchable.

same goes for gh, guza has succeeded before with gh. its frons and phelps that's the trouble. without frons input, we would be seeing laura wright take charge of this show instead of kelly monoco. we wouldnt be seeing alexis, luke, or liz getting heavier stuff than carly either. guza loves writing for her, there is no way he would prefer to write for sam over her. no way.

all this talk about these writers/producers and yet no mention of lml at y&r. that just proves this rumor is false. lml is one of the most complained about right now. how did she manage to get left out of this rumor?

• Members

they can check neutrality and accuracy all the like ... they still post supposed future happenings on a site that is supposed to be an encyclopedia. Last time I pulled out the Britanica, it wasn't saying "In 2007 ....." . An encyclopedia should be a pure historial and informational reference. It should not be carrying on like Miss Cleo, saying "so and so will be fired next year, and so and so will be coming back next year" when they havent happened yet, and worse - have not even been confirmed by any official source as happening.

• Members

I think it was Wikipedia that said that Ashley Jones was leaving B&B late this year or very early 2007. Nothing so far official on that. Somebody could just be making a guess (based on ratings) of what will happen. And if some of these do happen, people will think that Wikipedia was right, when it could have been that somebody was just predicting (with no sources) and got lucky.

Archived