November 20-24, 2006.

R!ck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Smith, I totally agree with this one! :lol: and I'm not surprised that AMC and the ABC shows are sliding down again.

Does anyone thing Disney will ever get a clue here?

boy, ABC is really reaching, aren't they? GL is not GH's competitor in all markets (or even most, is it?) GH is on at 3pm here on the NE Coast and GL is on at 10am. GL doesn't even air in every market.

If this was the best spin ABC could do, it's really having problems! (not a surprise, though)

• Members

I don't get why writers with better ratings track records were fired over at ABC, while McTavish and Higley tank both their shows and stick around. (Record lows in the all-important 18-49 demos at that!) Are they still getting goodwill from the baby switch and gay serial killer stories? Those were AGES ago.

• Members

The Daytime Insights were released

For regularly scheduled programming, ABC led the week in women 18-49 rating (1.6), followed by NBC

(1.5) and CBS (1.3). NBC won the week in women 18-34 (1.4), followed by ABC (1.1) and CBS (0.9).

ABC was 1st in women 25-54 (1.9), followed by CBS (1.7), and NBC (1.6).

Compared to the prior nine weeks of the season, NBC was flat in women 18-49 (1.5) and women 25-54

(1.6), but was down -0.3 of a ratings point in women 18-49 (1.4), the lowest delivery in the demo

since the week of 7/3/06 (4th of July). DAYS OF OUR LIVES drew a 1.5 women 18-34, a series-low in

the demo.

CBS was off -0.1 in women 18-49 and 25-54 and was flat in women 18-34 vs. the season-to-date

averages. PRICE IS RIGHT I earned a season-high in women 25-54, while PRICE II had season highs in

all key women demos. Y&R posted a 2.4 women 25-54 rating, the program's lowest in the demo since

the week of 4/24/06 (also a 2.4).

ABC was off -0.1 from the prior nine weeks in all key women demos. ONE LIFE TO LIVE posted

season-lows in all key women demos: 1.0 women 18-34 (the lowest since 4/10/06, also a 1.0), 1.5

women 18-49 (lowest since 7/17/06, also a 1.5), and 1.8 women 25-54 (lowest since 7/24/06, also a

1.8). THE VIEW earned a season-high among women 25-54 (2.1).

In women 18-49, DAYS OF OUR LIVES (1.7) ranked #3 this week (tied with THE VIEW). PASSIONS (1.2)

ranked #9 in women 18-49 (tied with PRICE I). Among women 18-34, DAYS (1.7) was #1, ranking 1st in

the demo for the 581st week out of 589 weeks that it aired. PASSIONS (1.3) ranked 3rd in women

18-34 rating (tied with Y&R). For women 25-54, DAYS (1.9) ranked #4. PASSIONS (1.4) ranked #10 in

women 25-54 (tied with ATWT). For the season to date, Most Current time-shifted data, DAYS and

PASSIONS are the #1 and #2 ranked Daytime programs in women 18-34 (GENERAL HOSPITAL is tied with

PASSIONS for #2).

The most time-shifted Daytime program of the week was DAYS OF OUR LIVES, which received a +0.11 lift

from Live to Live + Same Day in women 18-49 rating. GENERAL HOSPITAL (+0.10) and Y&R (+0.09) also

received significant time-shifting. The remaining Daytime serials received a Live to Live + Same

Day lift of between +0.01 to +0.06. THE VIEW was up +0.07 from Live to Live + Same Day in women

18-49, while both editions of PRICE IS RIGHT received little or no time-shifting (+0.01 for PRICE

II, no time-shifting for PRICE I).

For the season to date, Most Current data, in women 18-34, NBC (1.7) is down -0.1, CBS (0.9) is down

-0.3, and ABC (1.2) is flat versus the comparable period last year. In women 18-49, NBC (1.6), CBS

(1.4), and ABC (1.7) are all flat. For women 25-54, NBC (1.7) is up +0.2, while CBS (1.8) and ABC

(2.0) are flat. Among the NBC programs, DAYS OF OUR LIVES is flat in women 18-49 rating while

PASSIONS is down -0.1.

• Members

None of the stuff in bold sounds good at all for daytime soaps from the previous 9 weeks. I can understand OLTL being off, as it is not trying to do any better. And fans are letting them know.

And I know that Days was still in transition but reaching a new series low in the 18-34 still is not good, and tying it's lowest delivery in the 18-49 is not good.

CBS was even off from the previous 9 weeks.

And then the season to date stuff shows on ABC breaking even and the other 2 networks down in HH's. The only good news for soaps in the Season stuff is that Days is up in the demo women 25-54.

All 3 networks need to realize they need to do something. ABC has got to get rid of Frons big time. NBC has got to kick their shows in high gear, either fire JER at Passions and tell Corday to stop making changes and deal with what he has. And Corday has got to kick Hogan in high gear and someone there has got to take control of the writing staff - things are still too uneven.

And CBS has got to get rid of Kriezman, Passanante, & Bell, and tell Latham to get off her power trip.

• Members

I put OLTL in bold because that's the soap I used to watch and care about. At this point if TPTB don't care about making changes or improving the writing then why should I?

You're right all the stuff in bold isn't good for any of the soaps. I would like to think some of it has to do with the holiday, but I could be wrong.

• Members

I thought the holiday too, but that is talking about the 9 weeks average compared to the previous 9 weeks. So the holiday in there would hurt some but not that much. That would include the majority of the last 3 months, being down from the previous 3 months.

I know why you put the stuff about OLTL in bold. I don't watch it any longer either. The stuff about OLTL is bad, but the other stuff is not good either.

• Members

Ponz I was too until I read it again.

The first one is for this 9 week period. For this 9 weeks Days had a 1.5 which is a new series low for them in a 9 week period - which is not good.

The second rating the 1.7 is for this last week alone. They came in 3rd in that rating.

And then toward the end of the article it gives another set of ratings for the season to date.

• Members

Well I don't really see it happening that much anymore.

ATWT is really stinking right now, and I love the show.

GL had a good Nov, but since then it has not been that great.

And neither one of them are making any backstage changes that we know of - some rumors but nothing solid.

B&B has a good story right now, but they have been off. And they just keep gonig back and forth over the same things.

Y&R has made a lot of changes behind the scenes, but not alot of them have been accepted by fans. They have gotten rid of a lot of the ones who have been around and know the history of the show. Lynn Latham has gone one a power trip is the way it is percieved.

Days is making way too many changes to me. And even though they have a good writer so far he is just not doing anything that is spectacular. He has changed the day to day stuff and made the show some better but it is still nothing to get excited about. And with more changes annoucned almost daily many are losing faith.

Passions is on somedays and off somedays. JER is good for the show but he needs help big time. It is in a rut.

And of course you know the problems with ABC so I won't go there. Frons, McTavish, and Higley need to go big time. Then Carruthers, Guza, Phelps, & Valentini.

Archived