November 20-24, 2006.

R!ck

• Members

Thanks for that! :) InTurn is a spin-off from As the World Turns where they search for a new cast member. It's similar to I Wanna Be A Soap Star. The cast from the show judge their scenes and Chris Goutman (Executive Producer) decides who goes home. The final three get to appear on the show and the viewers vote for the winner. It didn't air on TV, it airs on CBS' broadband channel.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 1 2006, 12:22 PM)

Thanks for that! :) InTurn is a spin-off from As the World Turns where they search for a new cast member. It's similar to I Wanna Be A Soap Star. The cast from the show judge their scenes and Chris Goutman (Executive Producer) decides who goes home. The final three get to appear on the show and the viewers vote for the winner. It didn't air on TV, it airs on CBS' broadband channel.

Thanks! I saw that and had no idea what the show was about.

In case anyone is curious the National Dog Show, which ran on NBC on Thursday, got a 4.4

• Members

Why is DAYS and PASSIONS Friday episode's called specials? They were normal episodes like any other week NBC was just the only network to show soaps that day. But I'm not complaining because that means DAYS is slightly up without counting Friday and dividing it by 4.

• Members

I'm not exactly sure on this, but I believe they were considered specials since ABC and CBS aired no soaps that day, and it was the day after the big Thanksgiving Day holiday. The same goes with why ABC's Thursday soaps did not count in the totals for the week (plus they were reruns anyway).

• Members

jcar-NBC was the only network with soaps and that day after Thanksgiving is kind of a holiday for some so I think there was the option to make a special episode from both shows if NBC chose which I am glad they did.

I am very happy Days maintained. I had a feeling the short week would help it and it was solid last week but this week worries me a bit so I hope they can at least maintain for this week.

ATWT is lucky it didn't drop sooner with the month it had. They are just paying for it now although last week was bit better then the rest of the month.

ABC-all I can say is I told you so. Last week was great on GH and it still dropped. People aren't stupid. When is Frons going to realize you need to give the fans what they want and what the fans want is not just good drama and writing during sweeps. There are 12 months in a year not 3 and it's about time GH start understanding that. As for AMC and OLTL, it's only going to get worse IMO.

The fact that a dog show did better then all of the soaps scares me :( .

• Members

I'm so relieved that Days maintained their 2.6 rating from last week. I know that some fans are unhappy with the show b/c their faves aren't together or they think it's boring etc, but I just hope that they remain patient with the show and keep watching. The shows for December look to be better than November's shows ....

Also, kudos to Days for their tie with GH for 3rd place. It was more b/c GH slipped in the ratings, but 3rd place is 3rd place....

Now if Days could only get back their 18-49 demos again and everyone on the set could get their ice cream again.... :)

• Members

It used to be from the week before Christmas-Mid January that had the big increases. Last year there wre no big ones until Days got a jump for Zach's death the first two weeks of the year and even that wasn't a big jump (more like +2 or +3). Thanksgiving hardly ever has huge gains from what I remember. Usually alot of the show go down Thanksgiving week due to less shows and traveling and the like.

I am hopeful the soaps will see big gains in December and January as used to be the custom. Last year was really the first year it didn't happen but there wasn't many big events during the holiday weeks last year so hopefully this year there will be and the ratings will improve.

I hope so. :)

Archived