FRIDAY 2.5

PASSIONS

MONDAY 1.7

TUESDAY 1.5

WEDNESDAY 1.6

THURSDAY 1.5

FRIDAY 1.4

• Members

Yes but don't forget it is the Women 18-49 numbers that determines whether or not a sweeps period is successful and for GH, with Laura's return and the *HEAVY* promotion of the L&L wedding, you can bet they were absolutely hoping for a #1 finish this sweeps period and they were not able to achieve that.

Sure their ratings are up a couple points, but there is NO way anyone can convince me that TPTB at GH were not hoping to crack the 3.0's in HH and get #1 for the Sweep in 18-49....both of which they failed to do.

The material may have given them their emmy reel, but that doesn't mean SH*T when it comes down to it!

• Members

I may just be a deluded Vincent fan, but I wondered if part of the bump up for GL was that the rumors were strong VI was moving there. This week's ratings are the first that came out after we found he was not going over there. I began watching GL (and quite a few others i know did as well) once news came they might hire him. I stopped watching when that proved false and am now watching Y and R. Don't know if one person can have that much of an effect on ratings (I'm sure that's not all it is). But I was curious to see if GL would drop this week.

• Members

I'm sorry to take up the posts in here to think anything positive about any other show. I'm sorry for thinking that anything can ever be spun positive out of anybody's ratings except for some shows around here.

I'm sorry for thinking that a rise of any kind is okay. Of course when some shows fall it is always someone else's fault, and then it is spun another way that if another show rises then it is failure.

Excuse me for having an opinion.

• Members

I don't think GH will immediately fall. Lets just wait until they announce Genie Francis is back on contract. We all know with Scotty's return it will happen. Once she's back they will kick her to the curb. THEN the ratings will (hopefully) go in the dumpster.

Until there is a new writer at GH with a strong, fresh vision for the show the ratings will never hold up. Those classic episodes were terrible, mainly because they were *so* good that is was depressing watching them and knowing how bad the show is in 2006. Just look at the wide range of characters, ages of characters, etc. featured. Luke and Laura were the huge couple, but they weren't allowed to dominate the show like Sonny and Jason today.

BTW, WORD to whoever said the wedding was all about Sam, Jason and Sonny. The actual wedding seemed thrown together and was a non-event. Where was the action? The memorable part of the wedding (the explosion) had nothing to do with the wedding. Where were the character interactions, action, romance, etc. AT THE ACTUAL WEDDING?

In other news, disappointed that Y&R went down a bit, but I'm sure when the final numbers are released the ratings will still be good. With Latham the ratings has rose so much that they can afford an off week.

Archived