Y&R: Carmen Spoiler

• Members

Where does it say Carmen is shot? I hope the hag is stabbed....repeatedly...and bleeds, SLOWLY, to death. :mellow:

I've been thinking the killer is the ex-boyfriend she didn't want to talk about. I remember her saying something to Neil about an ex-boyfriend and things not working out, 9that time neil was in her Newman suite) then she just stood there looking stupid, leaving Neil looking confused and apologzing. Either she has an ex-boyfiend who abused her and is stalking her, OR, she has stolen someone's man before :angry: and the girflfriend/wife has tracked her down.

*I'm praying it's not Devon* or worse, Yolanda, in some misguided attempt to keep Dru out of jail and the Winters' family together for her son.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. The story itself was predictable since I simply couldn't believe that a core player would shoot Victor. But as you said, Jess Walton simply rocked in that story and her prison scenes. Mari Jo was also a great chcratcer and wonderfully played. Why didn't the actress get another role anywhere?

I'm intrigued how LML will handle such a story. I could live with a long exciting story arc on this one...

Mark my words, but the killer will eventually turn out to be either Devon or someone we haven't even met yet. Judging Latham's words she also seems to be undecided who's going to tke the fall in the end.

• Members

:lol:

I miss me some Mary Williams. I found this picture from the Mother's Day episode (I think 2004) with Wayne Brady and Corbin Bernsen (Jeanne Cooper's son playing Paul's brother/priest Todd) guest starring with their real life mothers. I wonder if this was the last episode she was seen on the show?

BradyBernsenetc2004L.jpg

• Members

LOL! Maybe if they wouldn't rush their stories so much, there might be a little bit of logic in these suspects. I think that Brad and Victoria may think Carmen was the one that broke into her car and stole her file on that stupid reliq...zzzz. I also find it odd that everybody outside of the Winters family suddenly saw Carmen as the skank she is in just one episode. One minute, it was "Poor delusional Dru" with the whole town gossiping about her behind her back and then out of nowhere, everyone is finally seeing "SKANK" carved on Carmen's forehead and avoiding her at all coast as if she's spreading The Clap. LOL! All this rush-rush just to create a stupid murder mystery which I guarantee will end up being another snooze fest of LML's creation with Joe Who-cares as the murderer.

• Members

Agree!!!! That's my major complaint! Within a week, I suppose to believe that Brad, Victoria, Sharon, and Victor all have some sort of motive to kill Carmen... She has barely interacted with these characters. If they would have developed it better, then I could see this turning into a great storyline for the Winters... but I don't.

I rather see Carmen threaten them all and skip town, and become Dru's archenemy... then have her come back and kill her off in a developed storyline.

• Members

They are doing this all wrong, instead of having a murder mystery they should have made Dru the only suspect. Why give other characters a flimsy reason when they really do not have one. One reason the Michael Cambius murder mystery worked for AMC was that they spent well over 6 months giving every major character a motive for committing the crime. Y&R is grasping at straws and I'm suddenly missing their slower than slow storytelling because it had more integrity than plot driven drivel. I think this storyline is going to fall flat on its face. It would have been so much more exciting if they had killed of Sharon for November sweeps and had Phyllis and Nick as the main suspects!!

Archived