Saturday Night Live: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I tried watching Saturday Night Live on Kodi this past Sunday morning, but all in all, I didn't find it as entertaining. Believe me, I'm still "Kate McKinnon-ed" out, but I hope the writers can better implement the strong cast they already have. 

• Members

I was about to chime in say that I like the addition to Marcello, but so disappointed to hear about Chris Redd. I'm such a doofus. I thought last week was their season premiere, but it was last night. I watch SNL on Kodi TV, and they had Miles Teller and Kendrick Lamar listed for Season 48. I should make this easier for myself and record on my Fire Recast instead.

• Members

Gahhhhh! Then why were they saying things about the season premiere? Even the guest host said that. Plus, the credit openings were entirely different too. This stuff is way too confusing. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Season 48, episode 1
October 1, 2022
Host: Miles Teller
Musical Guest: Kendrick Lamar

Season 48, episode 2
October 8, 2022
Host: Brendan Gleeson
Musical Guest: WILLOW 
("WILLOW" is Willow Smith, daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith)

Opening credits were the same for both episodes:

(as usual, the main cast in alphabetical order;
followed by the rest of the players ("featuring") in alphabetical order)

It's Saturday Night Live!

with...
Michael Che
Mikey Day
Andrew Dismukes
Chloe Fineman
Heidi Gardner
Punkie Johnson
Colin Jost
Ego Nwodim
Kenan Thompson
Bowen Yang

Featuring…
Marcello Hernández
James Austin Johnson
Molly Kearney
Michael Longfellow
Sarah Sherman
Devon Walker

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Oh!!! Now I see! The one for October 1st that I saw was guest hosted by Owen Wilson! So, Kodi TV is screwed up. In fact, it's so screwed up that when I tried to watch Days of Our Lives for Season 58, they still had Kassie DePaiva (Eve; DAYS) on there. Yeah, sounds like I need to record SNL on my Fire Recast. 

Please register in order to view this content

Although Kodi TV is free, it's not apparently reliable, lol!

• Members

Interesting that Cecily Strong wasn't in the credits, but as you said, she'll return soon.
https://www.tvinsider.com/1063419/saturday-night-live-cecily-strong-absence-season-48/

Cecily is off doing a play, okay but why not in the SNL credits?

Last season Kate McKinnon was gone for a large part of the season, because she was filming that miniseries about Tiger King -- which was filming in Australia.  Yet Kate continued to appear in the SNL opening credits during the months she was away.

Maybe this year they are doing credits differently, or maybe Cecily's contract is arranged differently than Kate's was.  Who knows.

Edited by janea4old

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Melissa Villaseñor says leaving SNL was her choice to protect her mental health; says she was struggling with panic attacks last season. She added: “When I’m in a big group of a lot of amazing people, and everyone’s speaking over everyone else, I think I tend to get small. I get nervous, like, where do I fit? What am I supposed to do? That’s how I was in high school, too. And so I think that’s what caused it. And I was like, I think I’m okay. I feel like there’s nothing else that I feel like, oh, I need to be sharing this, I want to do this on the show. I think I’m ready. There was just something telling me, I think I could part ways.“

https://deadline.com/2022/10/melissa-villasenor-leaving-snl-mental-health-de-1235155547/

Edited by Faulkner