Saturday Night Live: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Billie  Eilish was talking earlier in the week (to Howard Stern) about how  Lorne had been coughing and wheezing while she was there. One of the new cast  members (James Austin Johnson) said at the start of  the week he was sick, and his wife is about to give birth, so they may have been better off just doing two at home  shows in December.  Various  people at the show (and Lorne himself, probably) did not like doing those, so here  we are...

I think things must have seemed under control until today, and that's why Lorne  is  pushing through, but it shows how  he has had too much power for too long and the consequences. I hope NBC will step  in  and mandate at home episodes if need be, unless Lorne  wants to stay off the air for months (the Olympics will be shutting everything out in February).

• Members

This is ridiculous. The man should know when he's beat and also not parade on like it's still the glory days for him or the show. It reminds me of when they were supposedly paying to fill seats in the throes of 2020, which was unconscionable.

• Members

For me it was much less awkward than most of her Update run (which was often very bitter, sexist, and homophobic). The whole thing was helped by having Kenan, Paul and Tom as the "audience," but it was all very  free and easy for me. 

Overall the night could have  done much more with the talent they had, but that's SNL for you.

Beyond the truly beautiful goodnights (helped by not having 500  people on the stage and letting Lenny Pickett close out with a beautiful sax solo), my favorite part of the night was the Pete Davidson film - the closest the modern show can get to the melancholy genius of Tom Schiller:

Edited by DRW50

• 4 weeks later...