Saturday Night Live: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Faulknerthanks  for tagging  me in the thread. I keep forgetting to reply. 

The cast is very good this season, aside from a few people who won't leave. I wish the writing could match them...

@Vee here is Lindsey Buckingham accompanying Halsey on what sounds like a Christina Perri homage, and unintentionally I assume, dressed like '80s Stevie. Nice to see him doing what he does best. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jason Sudeikis tonight. He was one of my favorite cast members, but I am not going to let myself have very high expectations

Please register in order to view this content

. We'll see...

This cut for time piece is one of the few sharp parodies the show has done in a while (usually their parodies in recent years are soft-focused).

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The Variety story sounds grim. I can't imagine what the more detailed facts are like. Why risk making the old joke "Saturday Night Dead" literal? I know Lorne prides himself on never stopping but it's not like they're in the Phil Hartman/Jan Hooks/Mike Myers/Dana Carvey, etc. second golden era here. Granted, I haven't given a [!@#$%^&*] about SNL in decades but...

• Members

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/saturday-night-live-omicron-paul-redd-charli-xcx-1235137830/

quoting pieces of the Variety article:
"It’s understood that numerous cast and crew members have tested positive for COVID in recent days"

There was widespread speculation on social media on Friday about whether Colin Jost would be seen in his usual role as co-anchor with Michael Che of the “Weekend Update” segment. The New York Post reported that Tina Fey was being recruited to appear on “Weekend Update,” the segment she anchored from 2000-2006. A knowledgeable source said Fey had been approached to “pop in” on tonight’s show but not in the “Weekend Update” segment. A source close to Fey noted that she was already on board for a cameo appearance to tonight to salute host Paul Rudd on his fifth time out as “SNL” frontman, joining a short list of stars who have hosted five times.

“SNL” is also known for its famously raucous after-parties. Those gatherings have been tabled for most of this season in a nod to the pandemic, although a few hosts have thrown their own post-show events, as Kim Kardashian did at Manhattan’s Zero Bond in early October.

end quote

Edited by janea4old