Jericho: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope this show gets renewed. The last few episodes have been awesome, but unfortunately the ratings just don't reflect.

Gray is just plum pathetic. I loved watching him have to aske Johnston for help with his tail between his legs.

Hawkins is just bad-ass. So is Jonah. When he made that deal to split the weapons with his daughter and then changed his mind and told her that "He's a thief, not a soldier," at first I was like "What?" but I like that his character didn't suddenly go soft and that this leaves his relationship with Emily a mess. It's always exciting when his character pops up.

I liked the Hawkins family stuff in last night's episode. Lennie James is just great.

And man has Dale turned into an unlikable little snot-rag. I felt bad for him at the beginning of the season and still liked him when he shot that dude in cold blood, but dude has been on a serious power trip. I'm waiting for someone to show him a thing or two.

I hate how they spoiled a surprise in the preview, but I'm happy about it.

Just one more episode for the season. :(

By the way the Morse code message from the last two episodes have been "we pledge" and "allegiance." I'm guessing next week's eppy will finish it off with "to the flag."

• Members

^ Thanks for the info on the morse code. This last episode was really good. What was Stanley up to at the end? The scene where Hawkins handed his daughter the gun was good. It brought home the fact that the situation is desperate.

I think the ratings would be better if they do the "24" thing next year and show all the episodes without a big break. They seemed to lose a lot of viewers when they did that, which is too bad. THis show has such a strong cast and a fairly unique concept.

• Members

I think Stanley was just scoping out what they're up against. It looked like the whole town of New Bern had set up camp right outside of Jericho.

I liked the gun scenes, too. Hawkins given his daughter a gun was chilling. That whole montage with the entire town getting weapons to defend themselves was chilling.

• Members

Okay...so I never saw that coming!!! I was in total shock and could not believe my eyes!!!! Skeet is so damn good looking it's not even funny and I can't wait for next season (knock on wood) to see how Gail copes with everything that life is dealing her!!!

The flag is just creepy and so glad that girl is alive. This show is like the new Lost and I love it so much more than I have ever liked Lost!!!!

• Members

CBS will post the new Fall lineup on next Wednesday. Jericho is NOT expected to be on it, I just read. I hope that is wrong. If it is, then I'll surely miss Johnston as he was the best character next to Hawkins in my view. I'd really rather see Skeet in a whole different show. This one is a little bizarre even though I enjoy it.

• Members

I hope that CBS doesn't give this show the boot. It's one of my favorites.

I really hated that Gerald McRaney was killed off. I sort of had the feeling that might happen, but Johnston was a great character. There is still a lot of story they could tell and certainly I want to see Jake and Emily heat up a lot more.

• Members

I don't remember. It was something like TV Guide but maybe another similar place. It quoted the ratings thing...that they weren't up to where they wanted and after I read that, the ratings went down more....so sad. But, I also read that it could come back mid-season and run straight through. I'd settle for that, but think it was wrong to kill off Johnston, unless Gerald had something else and he wanted out.

• Members

I think the reveal of Hawkins reason should have come before the hiatus. It gave the show purpose and direction which it totally lacked or seemed to as far as the viewers trying to make sense of it went. I'm sad. It became so much better and I'll miss Stanley and Mimi starting their family, Bonnie maturing, Gail learning to accept widowhood, how Heather gets out of the camp she is in and help save Jericho, etc. Never to be seen now. Sob, sob, sob. At least the writers gave us the graveside visit of Stanley with his little family. That was sweet.

• Members

UPDATE: I just read a letter from the producers of Jericho and they were profoundly moved by the outpouring from the fans and say they are working on a solution which may involve a movie to tie the story up. I am even hoping beyond hope that it will be revived mid-season, but a movie is better than nothing.

Archived