Toups

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SIGN THE PETITION!!!

Jericho Petition

Jericho Petition

Will CBS Rebuild Jericho? Get the Scoop on the Fan Fave's Future!

By Kristin Veitch

Yesterday at 6:19 pm

Nielsen can measure butts in seats, but it sure can't measure hearts and minds. In further proof (as if we needed more) that the numbers don't tell the whole story about the popularity of a show, Jericho fans are making like the characters on the show and refusing to go down without a fight.

Taking a cue from Roswell's bottles of Tabasco, Arrested Development's bananas and Jake Green's "Nuts!" battle cry in the finale, Jericho fans are inundating CBS with nuts—eight tons of nuts so far! Nutsonline.com (in business—but presumably not online—since 1929) has been the semi-official hub of this effort, so if you would like to toss a few Brazil nuts in the general direction of the Eye network (is it just me or did that sound dirty?), check out the nutsonline.com Jericho support page—and while you're there, don't miss the awesome YouTube video of a Nuts! delivery.

Furthermore, the save Jericho petition currently has nearly 80,000 signatures! If you want to participate in the campaign, sign your name on the digital dotted line and then swing by jerichorallypoint.com and jericholives.com to join forces with other fans!

My inbox is full of reports about your progress, so I thought a rundown might be in order to tie it all together and keep the ball in play. Go Panthers! Er, wait, that's the wrong show. Anyway, I tracked down to a bunch of Jericho peeps to get the scoop on the show's future, and here's what I know

The Fallout Jericho castmember Brad Beyer (Stanley Richmond) and I spoke yesterday afternoon, and he told me, "We consistently held 8 or 9 million viewers, even going up against Idol, so everyone was really surprised and shocked that we were canceled. You have to move on and let go, but you see all this fan support and you keep that tiny bit of hope in your heart." And Jericho producer Karim Zreik emailed me to this effect "We were all stunned when we didn't get the second-season pickup, but our fans have completely surprised us. This outpouring of support means the world to the Jericho cast and crew. Knowing that Jericho touches so many people has completely humbled us. I don't know what's going to happen next. CBS and Paramount are still weighing their options. We hope to know more by next week."

Postapocalyptic Landscape Brad tells me "People are auditioning, and the writers are trying to find work. I think our great producers have been really hanging in with the show. They're really still fighting for us." Show runner Carol Barbee has a deal with CBS Paramount, so if the network wants more Jericho from her, she's ready and willing to serve up more story. That said, I'm told Carol's best friend created the new series Swingtown, which is also set up at CBS Paramount, and if Jericho does not continue, Carol would join Swingtown as an executive producer... (If she goes, can Skeet at least become a swinger?)

CBS Has Heard You As Brad points out, "I think in the end it's CBS' decision, because they own the show." Given that most of their shows cater to the geriatric set, I honestly think CBS had no idea how many young, web-savvy fans Jericho had. CBS president Nina Tassler posted a note praising your efforts on behalf of the show. However, as of press time, CBS was still telling me there had been "no change" in the status of the show.

What Next? As Brad told me, "There are so many different things kicking around right now; I don't know how realistic it is for any of them, but I hope we can wrap it up for the fans—and for us, because we all love doing it so much!"

And if you ask me, leaving the fans cliffhanging for all of eternity would just be plain...nuts. Ba-dum-bump.

—Additional reporting by Jennifer Godwin

• Members

Thanks for the contact info Josh. I sent CBS a few emails. I figure it can't hurt. I'd much rather see Jericho be a mid-season replacement than have a wrap up movie, but I guess we might have to take what we can get. Still it seems like there has been a huge out pouring of support. I'm pretty shocked/impressed by people sending tons of nuts to CBS.

Here's one email address for anyone who has time to send them a quick note: [email protected]

• Members

IT WORKED!!!!

jerichoboard.cbs.com

Below is a message from CBS Entertainment.

June 6, 2007

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of “Jericho” for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more “Jericho,” we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that “Jericho” will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting “Jericho” on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of “Jericho” in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler

President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts

:D

• Members

It is. If you go to the Jericho section of the CBS website there are messages from the cast thanking the fans. The show is going to be repeated this summer and then used as a midseason replacement. I can't wait to watch the first episodes all over again. I'm sure there are lots of things I missed the first time around.

• Members

'Jericho' Repeats Land on Fridays

Drama will return with seven new episodes at midseason

Resurrected from an early demise just last week, CBS has set a summer repeat schedule for "Jericho" starting in early July.

On Friday, July 6 at 9 p.m. ET, CBS will reair the original "Jericho" pilot, in which the residents of a small Kansas town begin to deal with the effects of a nuclear attack. The following week, at 8 p.m., the network will air a clipshow recapping the season's first 11 episodes, followed by episode 12, "The Day Before," which began the show's spring season.

Through the rest of the summer, CBS will use the Friday 9 p.m. time slot to show episodes 13-22. CBS will concentrate on those particular episodes because they represent the second half of the show's first season, the block of episodes that followed the show's extended winter hiatus and suffered major viewer attrition against FOX's "American Idol."...

From zap2it.com

Archived