Three's Company Marathon Weekend

KMan101

• Members

THought I'd pass it along. I'm sure we got some fans here.

TV Land just aired the first unaired pilot, which is similar, yet has totally different actors as Janet and Chrissy -- but they are called Jenny and Samantha and Jack is called David and Stanley Roper is George Roper.

The second unaired pilot is airing now and features Joyce DeWitt as Janet and the names are all like they were, except a different actress is playing Chrissy.

While the first episode features the same set up as the regular pilot, the second unaired pilot is based on the second episode (when Jack moves in).

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TV Land also showed six episodes of the spinoff The Ropers last night from 2:55 am to 6:00 am, and they're airing six episodes of the spinoff Three's a Crowd tonight at the same times.

I didn't see the pilots on TV Land, but I've seen them since they're on one of the DVD releases. The first pilot was soooo different in terms of tone and setting; I didn't really like it. The second pilot was almost exactly the same as the actual show with the exception of Susan Lanier as Chrissy.

Personally, I enjoy the first three seasons of the show the best, when Chrissy was the blonde roommate and the Ropers were the landlords. Season 4 (with the introduction of Mr. Furley and Chrissy lost what few brain cells she had left), season 5 (with Cindy), and season 6 (with Terri) were also pretty enjoyable, but the show went downhill when they introduced Jack's Bistro. Still, the show was always good for some hilarious entertainment.

Archived