DAYS: Soapnet has an online video interview with Hogan!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My friend made fun of me watching these, but it was very entertaining..Hogan is just a delightful man..He's going to do wonders with the show..

John and Marlena will be central to the show, and have a lot to do..Marlena will be the heroine, and not have peculiar things happening to her (like being a serial killer or having amnesia)

Shawn and Belle are going to go on the run...Also we will start to see less of belle's goody goody side and a wilder side will emerge..

He realized it didn't make sense to bring stephanie on and imediately throw her into a love triangle with one of her cousins...So stephanie will be involved with her family for a few months, then they might test the romance waters when the character is more settled..

Patch and Kayla have a huge storyline coming up, where there is a danger than makes steve have to deceive Kayla in order to save her life...(oh and no islands or caves)

Hogan loves the fans..and he loves that Days has so many fans that are waiting for something to bring back..He wants to write good stuff to bring them back...

• Members

Thank you Terri for posting those clips!! I would have never seen them w/o your thread here since I don't usually go to soapnet.....

I just love Hogie!! Everything that he said in those interviews just seems too good to be true!! It was a dream come true when I found out that my favorite soap writer was going to come to Days, my favorite soap!!

I like the fact that he at least is aware of the fans' concerns!! It was interesting that Days got negative feedback of Stephanie's pairing with Max. It must have hit a nerve with some people for them to write about that storyline to the show when the storyline hadn't lasted too long!! I really appreciate Hogie's understanding that we fans need to become invested in these characters again. I hope that he brings some depth to all of them. I know during the brief time that I watched ATWT under his writing, I generally liked all the characters, understood their motivations. He made me care about them. Instead of just watching the storyline of my faves, I watched the whole show!!! Even when I didn't like the storyline, I would still watch the show b/c I cared about what happened to the characters. I want that again for Days for all the fans. Instead of one fan club pitted against another fan club, I hope that all Days' veteran viewers will appreciate the WHOLE show and not just their faves!!!

He hasn't officially started on the show and I'm so excited about what he's going to do for it!! :)

• Administrator

How so? :blink:

Even if he was arrogant, don't you know that JER is arrogant too? There's nothing wrong with being arrogant as long as you have a certain charm and flair to it, like Dr. Will Kirby from Big Brother. LOL :D

Dude, you're so bias it's unbelievable. You make true/real JER fans, like me and Rick, look bad. ;)

• Members

I have to say, even though I'm still smarting from Christie's firing, Hogan's interview actually has me thrilled for Days. NO FOCUS ON TEENS until they are EMBRACED BY THE AUDIENCE! Steve and Kayla FRONTBURNER! Marlena being returned to a LIKEABLE CHARACTER.

Thank you Hogan. You made me love ATWT, and even though you got rid of my girl, and it breaks my heart, I can sense that you truly love what you are embarking on and you will make Days tops again.

Archived