DAYS: Soapnet has an online video interview with Hogan!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is why I love ya Kenny, always moist and multi orgasmic.

How could PSNS possibly pass DAYS in the ratings? PSNS will probably never reach the 2's again, so how is it going to surpass DAYS? :blink:

JSF, I would rather see a writer talk in an interview than read it. If I have time to read all of it, I definitely have time to watch it. I think you just hate the journalistic part of it because you would have done it differently.

• Members
Not so. As a Steve and Kayla fan, it gave me lots of new information. He also said some things about the teens we haven't seen before. And stuff about his general philosphy on soaps.

Have I mentioned I FLOVE him?

Checks new sigge line

Yep.

• Members

Well, we'll agree to disagree about promoting people to watch the interview if they already read it.

But we can agree on the journalistic approach this interview took. I mean, I LOATHED how many times she injected HER opinions on soaps in FRONT OF HER SOURCE AND AUDIENCE!! 'You're right,' 'That's what makes soaps good,' BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Just ask the questions and SHUT UP. Get with it, girlfriend!!! :angry:

• Members

I actually liked that the interviewer stated what she liked and didn't like..It proves that she actually watches the show, and knows what needs to happen..She's passionate about the show, like many of us fans are..And Hogans ideas have her excited..

• Members

OK. The interviewer was happy about Hogan's upcoming storylines. I do NOT understand what the hell is wrong about that.

And it is better to have someone who is happy about something and who has expression in her tone of voice.

I do NOT understand what the big deal is. You're critisizing someone for being too happy while interviewing another person? :huh: So, you think that she should have been boring with the same tone of voice the whole time? Get real...

And I am sorry, but PSNS will NEVER overcome DAYS in the ratings. Not ever. That's just ridiculous.

• Members

Days, admittedly, I don't know the ethics code of soap journalists, but in news journalism, that's exactly right. Your role is to be expressionless, so as not to connote bias. And you certainly don't interject your opinions as fact, as she had. Because that connotes bias and takes out the reporter's true status as 'a fly on the wall.' Reporters just report, that's the main philosophy and journalism. They don't editorialize. Again, it may be different in soap journalism. Perhaps they have a different code of ethics.

• Members

Hey JER fans, maybe if you stop reacting to Rion, it'all work out for the better? Maybe it's just me. A mere suggest from a plebeian.

Ironically enough, I'm still of the mind that DAYS could be in better shape without Sheffer, because RIGHT NOW, DAYS has never been better.

Only thing I don't like is Shawn and Belle, because I will always view them as the spoiler to the 'Will the REAL Roman Please Stand Up' story, and as slightly incestuous. Not that I want it revisited (despite my blog), but that it's hard for me to look at that histoiry and accept them. Even if John and Marlena raised her, it's not like they would have her forgtting that Roman was like a father figure in her life, despite his years away.

It's weird for me. And even still Sami is Shawn's cousin and her sister. I'm surprised Sheffer isn't going after that incest. :lol:

Still, his outlines sound great right now. Does anybody else think the danger will force Steve to deceive Kayla and become involved with Billie? I think I'll like this.

I also don't want Stefano back. The show's in such a good place right now WITHOUT DiMeras. They should attempt to keep it that way, IMO. Oh well.

Archived