DAYS: Soapnet has an online video interview with Hogan!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG, I've fallen in love again. Hogan you are a cutie-pie and I love your face, your smile, the twinkle in your eyes, the quick flush of pink when you obviously are pleased about something, your voice, your humor and last but not least, your bubbling enthusiasm. Oh, I am thrilled to have seen and heard this man. Now, I am looking forward so much to what he is planning and know that it has both our characters and us in mind. Days is in the winning circle. Thanks, Corday for doing this and Hogan for stepping up for Days.

• Members

He HAS that. I'm saying JER is a damn good writer, and he's proven it throughout the years. One need only watch Passions to see this. As I've said, it's auteur television, and damned good satire. If you can't appreciate it, it speaks more about you than JER. Passions is for a niche audience, not the filthy masses.

Yes it will. Just wait and see. Passions has the amazing talent of JER behind it. That's all it needs. It could star a snail and a walrus and it would still beat Days in terms of quality as long as JER is writing.

• Administrator

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Passions isn't going to suprass DAYS in the ratings!

As the leader and founder of the James E. Reilly Alliance, we do not support this so-called "JER fan." He is an island and shall not be considered among true JER fans. Please do not let his absurd and bias comments reflect on other members of the Alliance. :lol:;)

• Members

Especially since Beemer will be playing Shawn now, I believe I can open my heart to a Shawn and Belle reunion, especially since Sheffer has stated they are meant to step up to be the next Bo and Hope and what I loved the most was that he said Philip will be the next Victor. Great words to my ears.

• Members

I didn't watch the video...he said that? Aww, I am so excited...that's great! As for Phillip...I can maybe like him now that Kyle won't be in the role for long (sorry...the Real World experience just ruined Kyle as Phillip for me).

• Members

I love this man. Love him! He loves John & Marlena, which is awesome because J&M fans haven't had support from TPTB since Sheri Anderson. Long time! And we flove Sheri and she knows it. Hogie, if you're gonna be as awesome as you sound, I will frickin' Sheri-nize you. From a J&M fan's POV, that's major ;)!

He loves Deidre (I love him for that), he seems to absolutely love Marlena and 'get' her. I hope they use everything that Marlena's been through in her life. She's lost three kids, she was raped, she's mourned a husband, got out of an abusive relationship, she survived two plane crashes, Possession (which according to Father Jansen, took SUPERHUMAN powers ;)), captivity countless times and she managed to make Stefano DiMera soft. Glad he's grounding her more and making her real, that's the Marlena I love and wanna see again. I want to see Marlena fight to save her soulmate and reunite her family by doing it. I wanna see her play a little matchmaker for Sami and Lucas (she knew Sami was not in love with Austin), I want to see her bring Claire into work when Belle goes on the run. I wanna see why she's head of psychiatry for heck's sake, why she got into JHU. And dammit, I want her sarcastic and dry sense of humor back. The one who asked Stefano, while being held captive while a bomb was about to go off, if he pulled the wings off flies when he was a boy. Our unscared, kick-ass, spunky Marlena with the tenacity of 70s and 80s Marlena.

• Members

If Marlena is going to work again she has to not be this drag queen camp figure she became during the '90s and the last few years, where all these things happened to her and she just ceased to be human or even truly female to me, just this caricature who did shocking things. So I am thrilled by what HS is saying about her.

• Members

Frankly?

I was LIVID from watching these interviews.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE his ideas...but what was the point in watching these vids? If you already read the SOD interview, you know the vids were a COMPLETE rehash of that interview. My God, and that interviewer! That INTERVIEWER!! The way her voice overlapped his and how easily she showed her soap opera biases. I cringed!!!

For those who haven't watched the videos yet, DON'T. At least, don't watch them if you've read 'the' interview. IT's almost the EXACT same information. There is just more 'filler' in the vids.

• Members

UH ok... :lol:

You don't like the vets on Passions (or most of them), you hate Days trying to be realistic, you liked Vendetta, and you think Passions wil beat Days in the ratings-you wouldn't happen to be JER would you? :lol:

Seriously, you are way too biased. Part of the think of the JER alliance is that we can recognize when JER isn't dishing out fantastic tales and right now he is far too inconsistent. He has good ideas but his execution is off and has been off since his first Days run (Passions until 2001 he was good too and he was good from 2004-2005 as well). In my honest opinion, he seems to be scratching his head for ideas and only seems out to shock the audience rather then tell solid stories that give you payoffs once in awhile. During his first Days run, he didn't really end anything until he had to prior to leaving but he still gave the fans little payoffs to satisfy them. He had to be pushed to do that by way of rewrite during his second run and he still doesn't give a payoff on Passions until no one cares anymore. I don't feel like waiting until Marty is 18 years old before he is reunited with his parents and I certainly don't feel like watching him destroy his own characters (ie. Fox). What we are seeing on Days now compared to what he did makes me realize how bad it really was. I defended Days during that time because I always defend it and I did like some of his work during his last Days run but too much inconsistency. Even if Corday interfered and made him tell traditional drama, JER does traditional drama well as we saw in the 90's and sometimes on Passions. If he is a genius why didn't he do that well? Don't give me this crap about him plotting to destroy the show. There were rumors of him wanting to do that after being fired but before that no way. He has a huge ego and he would never want to make himself look bad and that would be what he would be doing by intentially wrecking the show. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you have to be the only person I have ever heard say all this. There is a reason why the ratings for Passions are so low and that is because people are tired of waiting. He had an audience that stayed around for awhile but they are disgusted and even giving them payoffs now may not be enough. He waits too long.

As for Hogan, God do I love him. He is going to rock Days :D

Archived