DAYS: Soapnet has an online video interview with Hogan!

• Administrator

Everyone, don't listen to him!! Watch the videos. It's rare that we get to SEE writers talk about soaps; we only see them during acceptance speeches at the Emmys. It's also great to see a little bit of his personality. I wish more writers would do video interviews.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Toups already beat me to this, JER is just as arrogant in his interviews. Wake up! You are so biased your comments are laughable.

People are going to watch, only JSF and Rion are the ones against them and we all know they have different tastes.

• Members

My God, Kirk and Toups, honestly, why promote watching the vids and Kirk, why lump me with Rion? I definitely don't wish "Days" ill will and I certainly can recognize Pash's weaknesses (though I still love it).

All I'm saying is, YES, it's great to watch a head writer talking about their show. And I agree with Toups, it's VERY rare, so yeah, that's the 'cool' factor. But let's face it, if you're pressed for time, on a deadline or ready to go to bed, why watch what, 16 minutes of interviews for information you already learned in the SOD interview? All that's different are the interviewer's annoying overlapping; her blatant soap biases (not very good for a journalist to show her biases!!); and a few throaway lines.

Again, for those who have already read the SOD interview and want to save time in their lives, maybe tuck the kids in bed for a change, make love with their spouse or do OTHER constructive things in life, now would be a good time to do it. I mean, it's about 16 minutes, people! Please, think about that~!!!!!!! Make the most of your lives! Be good to your children!!!@

DO you know any better, Phoenix? I mean, are you Rion's relative, friend, lover? If not, then Rion very well could be JER. And we all know writers, producers and actor read this board. I have no doubt that JER, especially with how much of a couch potato he clearly is, reads this board. (And don't worry Ri, if you are JER, I don't mind your size, I'm just saying -- and I LOVE ya by the way!!). But I digress, Ri very well could be JER. Especially with the nonstop Pash praise and this almost irrational hatred of "Days of Our Lives," arguably THE best soap on the air right now.

• Members

Hogan is going to make Days great again while JER will continue to claim Passions' well-deserved last place in the ratings. I'm looking forward to what Hogan has in store for Days and all the characters. After having tuned out of Days during JER's run there, I'm back to watching Days every day now. :D

• Members

You know, I don't think JER is the worst soap writer out there---I enjoyed his stuff more than Langan and Higley, who actually caused me to tune out.

The problem with him is that he has great execution but shitty followthrough. Sometimes I believe he runs out ideas and pulls them out of his ass. The beginning of the SSK and Captive Island was not miss. It was the end, and the Castle crap that stunk.

DAYS needed a change. If it's EVER going to get respect from the industry and other soap fans, it needed to dump JER and his obsession with over-the-top villians and convoluted supernatural fantasies. A little camp now and then is good, but not all the time.

As far as Passions surpassing DAYS in the ratings, fat chance. Another network could show me playing a rubber band between my toes and singing "You Are My Sunshine," and that would get higher ratings than Passions.

• Members

I'll admit it, I like Passions but I think I would LOVE it if I was watching it WASTED! :lol: Maybe the show should send a little something out to it's audience so we could give it a try. It might be what we need to become addicted to the show. :P

Since that isn't going to happen I hope that JER ability to now focus 100% of his efforts towards redeaming Passions and I hope that it's ratings start to improve. A stronger follow up for Days would only help to Days by solidifing NBC's daytime lineup.

I just want to see Days at #2 and breathing down Y&R's neck.

Archived