AMC: Actor out?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe that they would get rid of Aiden instead of getting rid of all the newbies on the show like Colby, Annie, etc. He is such a hottie and it is a shame that they won't utilize him more. I just really hate the direction AMC is going right now.

So Reggie is gone from the show? What a waste. The kid is truly talented. And Danielle is gone too??!!??! WTF. Does AMC have something against minorities?

I have also heard rumors that Thorsten Kaye is leaving and also the actress who plays Lily. Anyone know anything about these rumors????? Pretty soon there won't be a cast left on AMC.

Thanks.

• Members

Yikes! :blink: I was just curious if Walt mentioned anything about MBJ since he plays his onscreen son and we've known for weeks that Tanisha asked to be let out of her contract.

I feel sorry for Tanisha and Terri. They watch the writers give Kendall and Babe and even Erin multiple stories, while all the two of their characters do is play the Shoopettes.

Kendall: You suck, Babe!

Simone and Dani: Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Kendall: You're a skank, Babe!

Kendall: Your husband's a murderer, Babe!

• Members

Aidan has been a character without a story for a long time- in fact he was never really developed. Its' a shame, given Aidan's background (similar to Robert and Anna's background) that he was reduced to Tad's occasional side kick, with a few not so good pairings thrown in. But I can see him being a cut. What I can't see are some of the newbies they are bringing on.... if they must cut, why all the new faces?

I really mourn the loss of Terri Ivens, though! She brought a much needed comedy to the show, she had a history that gave her potential emotional depth stories... she could do drama as well as comedy- I'd have liked to have seen her paired with David (her arrest record might be longer than his :D, and they both loved both Leo and Greenlee- hence a potential bond... plus they'd look hot together, lol).

Simone is my husband's favorite character... he's watched a lot less lately as she's had nothing to do.

:: sigh ::

I can deal with Aidan going (hope he has a good exit story), but Simone leaving is harder to take.

• Members

Zendallfan, I think I know who you are talking about but she has been right about many things in the past. I would not completely discount what she has to say. I think that I was thinking that Julia/Brooke might leave the show not Lily. I don't know why I got those two confused.

I have always thought of Aidan as eye candy more than a great actor on the show. And what delicious candy!!!! :D But he doesn't have any ties to the show and he is limited in what kind of storyline he can be in. I wish they would give him and Di a chance though. For some reason I thought that his contract was already up last April and I assumed that they had renewed it. I would much rather see any of the other newbies go rather than him including Blandie (annie).

I am more concerned about Brooke/Julia being let go. She is a wonderful actress and she brings so much history to the show. The rivalry that her and Erica have is priceless. I just hope that they reconsider and give her a storyline. I don't understand how TIIC think that getting rid of a character that has such a deep tie and history to the show is what the audience wants. Of course, they don't utilize her now so the audience may not even notice that she is gone.

• Members

I think TPTB really missed the boat with Simone and Tad. That was the last time Tad was fun and happy. Krystal comes along, and then he's nothing but miserable -- then Di comes along, and he's thrown even further into misery. Then Dixie comes back, and he's just shitting on everyone in town.

• Members

I totally agree. They should never have dropped Tad/Simone. The story would have been so much more interesting if Tad & Simone were together right now with Dixie back. As it is now Tad has no love interest but I guess they'll do Adam/Krystal/Tad/baby story :angry:

During the Krystal/Simone/Liza/Tad story Megan took Simone out so early she never had a chance...and that was the best pairing of the 3.

Earlier than that. The timing does make sense if he is leaving because its been about 13 weeks.

• Members

Good news for Aiden fans, bad news for me: Apparently his fan club director got has been told by Aiden himself that it is not true.

He's a nice guy I'm sure but a waste of airtime and money. Not to mention his lack of chemistry with...well, everyone. While he and Kendall were the best of all his pairings (Maria, Mia, Anita, Erin, Amanda) they still were not anything to write home about (IMO).

Archived