DAYS: Big News From Matt Ashford(Jack)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly and thanks for that Rick. We all need to just wait and see because I don't see this being as bad as GL or as bad as we think it is. Not saying it won't be but I don't see Days doing anything that severe. It is more likely they send people off for a bit, like J&M, to save money or enforce many pay cuts and cut more crew and other expenses.

Yes it certainly is.

• Members

I initially thought the current budget was 1.4 million, but was mistaken. Then we hear that there was going to be a 700,000 per week cut, and I thought It would put the new budget at 700,000.

But I reread the 2003 press release, and the actual current budget is 1.9 million per week. Now if we subtract the 700,000 cut that Ashford spoke about, it puts the new weekly budget at 1.2 million.

Hope that helped?

• Members

Is DAYS still the most expensive show to produce?

Any word on CBS and ABC budgets?

Anyway, filler characters like Tek should go. They serve no purpose, and while they're on recurring they still get money.

I wouldn't mind Austin and Carrie leaving. Without Sami their story is limited, and I don't see Sami's secret lasting past 2006.

• Members

Actually the number was a shade over 2 million per week since the studio shuts down 3 weeks per year. So if MA was correct, the new number is 1.3 million per week based on the same shutdown schedule. Still a 34% cut though if MA is right -- pretty steep.

• Members

OMG, King Reilly, what an impossibly cute name for such a negative action! I love it!!! (And am saddened at the same time. But I absolutely LOVE it!!!! :wub:)

Anyway, $700,000?!!! WOW.

Here's the question, though. Why did the subject tease have the smiley guy with sunglasses next to the "Big News from Matt Ashford" part? Seems like that's a bit misleading. Surely I'm not the ONLY one who thought this would be about Matt's last-minute stay of execution.

• Members

Why don't they wrap up the loft quad (as EE calls them) and send Belle out of Salem with Shawn? I like MM, but where would she fit if they don't recast either Phillip or Shawn?

Victor / John Anniston is recurring so the show saves no money getting rid of him. Plus he has some side projects, which explains why he is never available for the show. Same for the Susan and Bill Hayes.

If the show got rid of Martha (and I do like her, but see above) and Josh Taylor (probably won't happen, because of his friendship with Corday - although they fired him in the SSK storyline - maybe they planned to bring him back as a third character, lol :blink: ), then that would be 10 acccounted for.

But it doesn't end there! Usin gthe cast list from Jason47's page,http://members.aol.com/jason47b/currentcast.html, and being based only on contract cast members:

18 female cast members and 15 male cast members. Since Maggie and Alice are mainly scenery filler (unfortunately), the cast is fairly balanced gender wise.

If one removes MR,MA,BW, JC,KB,FF, BH,JE, one is left with: 15 female cast and just 10 male cast members. That is very unbalanced.

That means one of 2 things (or both):

• A couple of male newbies
  • More Triangles (blechh)
In addition, there is the rumour of Stefano returning.

So does this mean more current cast have to be cut for male newbies and Stefano?

Archived