DAYS: Big News From Matt Ashford(Jack)

• Members

Matt just sent a new letter to members of his fan club.

He reveals that a total of 10 characters are being cut from DAYS, including Jack Deveraux of course.

The budget for the show is being reduced, by $700,000 per week.

The way is being left open for the character of Jack to return to DAYS at some time in the future, although not in the short term.

Matt is very positive about the future. I know he's got more theater work coming up in September, and there are those rumors about a return to GH.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You guys beat me to the punch!!! LOL! Anyway so here are my thoughts...

Confirmed:

Jack

Jennifer

Philip (tho looks lilke they are recasting)

Shawn (tho they are recasting)

Mimi

Highly Rumored:

Patrick

Bonnie

Frankie

Others: (My guesses)

Roman

Tek

Billie

Victor (hope not!!!!)

I could see these dropped to recurring if they aren't already (haven't really kept up):

Maggie

Caroline

Shawn Sr.

• Members

If the budget is being trimmed by such an amount, I'd presume a few more big names are being fired or at least dropped to recurring.

I wouldn't be surprised if Billie, Roman, Victor and Tek are the next casulties.

I doubt Chelsea is going - DAYS after all has become the Chelsea Show lately. :rolleyes:

• Members

Well, Tek is already gone.

I was going to add Phillip and Shawn, but rumor has it they are being recasted, and MA said 10 characters.

Maybe James Reynolds is going to be Matt Ashford-ed next. And Renee Jones?

• Members

I thought James Reynolds just signed a new contract(although that's no guarantee, just ask Matt Ashford :rolleyes: ).

Ken Corday is said to be a big fan of Josh Taylor - maybe that will save Roman.

Victor and Billie would be my picks to go next.

• Members

It's never been hinted by anything other than fan suggestion that Philip will be recast. Only Shawn. With Philip out, I anticipate Victor being among the casualties, too, unfortunately. Who knows who the others will be.

• Members

I doubt they would let Victor go. John Aniston is not on contract. He's only recurring. I'm thinking the 10 characters leaving are going to be contract stars.

Confirmed

Jennifer

Jack

Mimi

Philip (if not recast)

Rumored

Patrick

Bonnie

Frankie

Billie

Last 3 Predictions

Kate

Carrie

Austin

• Members

1. Jack

2. Jennifer

3. Frankie

4. Patrick

5. Mimi

6. Shawn

7. Phillip

8. Bonnie?

that just leaves 2 more characters!!!!Even though Shawn is being recast, we still need to count him as an actor out...because it affects the budget..

• Members

That's not a good thing at all. The current budget is 1.4 million per week and it's been completly cut in half?!

No more Shawn, Belle, Sami, Austin, Carrie, Bo, Hope, Lucas, etc on screen 5 days a week, because for every day they work more than their guarantee (1-3) they get paid more. I guess we will have more balance and hopefully the vets will get 1-3 days a week now. Unless they decide to fire more vets instead of using them. :(

• Members

Tek was on today!?!? WHAT! Where? When? I totally missed him!

Well, SOD/SOW has confirmed that they asked JKJ to come back as Phillip, so I think the writers have plans for him. Also, with confirmation that Mimi is leaving, it looks good that Phillip will be re-cast.

Maybe E.J. is one of the casualties. That would please me.

I think Maggie and Victor are safe because IMO they will go after contract people.

Archived