DAYS: Big News From Matt Ashford(Jack)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm no insider but salaries depend on more than just experience. The value of a contract is closely related to how many guaranteed days are stipulated. Deidre has 2 a week, I believe...equating to about 100 a year. Frances is unlikely to get more than 2 or 3 a month...eqauting to about 30 a year. It also depends on factors like prominence, demand from other soaps etc. Jason Cook is no vet but he was given a big pay rise to re-sign with the show after his last contract expired. I don't know about this AFTRA requirement but I doubt the stipulated increase is more than a nominal amount. What about across the board pay cuts? How would this be possible if the show HAD to increase an actors salary for every year of experience?

Honestly...I would be amazed if Frances earns more than 20% of Deidre's salary.

• Members

Sitting around and assuming what characters Hogan will write for is pointless. How do we know Sami will be the focus of the show? None of us know how his mind works. He may give Sami a rest (which I think would be nice, seeing how she's been frontburner since 1993) and write for other characters.

Archived