Y&R: December 2015 Thread

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol at Patty talking about when Zapato ripped up Mr. Kitty. Didn't someone at one of the soap mags try to nominate Mr. Kitty as performer of the week back then? 

Other than that bit, the rest of the episode was a chore to watch. Regardless of whether or not you like or don't like Sage and/or Sharon, the story is just sick. Why haven't we even gotten Dr. Anderson's first name yet? 

• Members

This is soo stupid, but I went to bed after watching the episode and once again did one of my self Victor Newman evaluations.....so now he's threatening to kill the mother of his granddaughter?? total WTF!!! (and that says alot since I don't even like Phyllis no matter who plays her) 

I know this is totally Pratt's handywork....but a part of me is still pissed off at Braeden......If it weren't for the fact that somewhere in CBS headquarters there's a white piece of paper with the words "VICTOR MUST NEVER LOSE, OR I'M OUT!!!(YA GOT THAT!!) signed by Braeden, I would simply feel more relaxed knowing Braeden is just playing the drivel that has to be played.....but since we all know these scenes get written like that to obey Braeden's wishes, you can't help feeling as infuriated as I do....

• Members

I just have had it with this Paragon thing in general....I can't believe something this minor that started with Jean and Shelley turned into this OTT mess which of course means more OTT OOC antics for Victor.....Ian should be Victor's equal and I know Ian set fire to Newman Towers etc....but Victor threatening to kill his granddaughter's mother has reached a new low IMO....

and yes i'm glad that Jill beat Victor in getting Chancellor back, but I feel like that was only done cause the transition with Pratt coming in and completely doing away with that story (and Jill too sadly)....Jill probably would have given as Victor probably would have made it impossible to get Chancellor back if they continued that story...

• Members

Had Victor not facilitated Phyllis to be raped for which he received no repercussions just a few short months ago, him threatening to kill her might not be quite so vile at the moment. Why is victor being allowed to abuse Phyllis this way? Why is she so instrumental in all his stories with Nikki nowhere to be found? I feel like I'm watching another of Pratt's twisted triangles here! And I dont like it. 

Gotta agree about Sage. Neither she nor Dylan McAvoy will ever happen the way JFP wants. 

• Members

All the current stories are horse s.hit and the (previously loved) characters have no redeeming qualities.  Sharon included, I'm afraid.  

The few new characters that had potential (Hilary, Marissa) have devolved into spineless victims for a man.  

And the recasts that were introduced last year (Phyliss, Adam) with such success are now being wasted on horrible stories.

Lastly, we have JFPs pets (Burning Bush and Dullan).  They're throwing every possible soap trick at these two, hoping that it will endear them to the audience.  But her weird facial expressions and his blah/boring screen presence are working against that plan.

We're fucked.

• Members

Normally, I try to save my empathy for the poor and downtrodden in this world, but damn if I don't feel sorry for some of the actors on soaps right now. It has to be so hard to play some of these stories. Poor Sharon Case. She's never been my favorite but my respect for her has grown over the years. She deserves better than to have to play a character that doesn't know she hasn't given birth. :rolleyes: It's absurd.

I guess I only have myself to blame for watching, but F**K whoever thinks it's ok to insult the audience like this. 

Archived