Days: September 2015 Discussion thread

• Members

I have never liked Camila Banus and never will. Martinez and KDP had good scenes, but I don't see any reason for this family to exist. The idea of them laying the groundwork for Smug St. Rafe and Hope with Bo coming back, along with the next rumored serial killer death, are the two black marks on the show right now for me.

Watching Cosgrove (a.k.a. The Grim Reaper) wheeling and dealing as a lawyer with Hope was actually interesting, and I think they have real chemistry - they could've made his character darker and more of a schemer without turning him into yet another Stefano chess piece and writing him out. I think his sort of shady chemistry is more of a compelling counterpoint to Bo than Rafe the Mushmouthed Moral Majority.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Today's episode was pretty good, mainly for the Eve/Kate and Steve/Joey scenes - a lot of history talk and relating it to what's happening today.   I had no idea A. Martinez was going to show on Monday's episode or who he was playing, so those things were a nice surprise. 

I wish they would show flashbacks in its normal format.  I hate how washed out the flashbacks - too much white/brightness. 

• Members

DAYS' ridiculous, campy, goofy FX [!@#$%^&*] has needed to be retired since the '90s. They have never fully grown out of JER's afternoon kids' show aesthetic. I remember coming back for the big revamp a few years ago and that [!@#$%^&*] (or the music) was still dragging good stuff down.

• Members

I was around for Patch/Kayla so LOVE the flashback. I loved SN and MBE from their days on GH, but seeing more of them is really making me dig them even more.

Loved the Kate/Eve scenes. So would hate that bonding ruined by Kate maybe getting with Eduardo.

Good episode. Saw so many possibilities for where so many of the stories could go.

And failed to mentioned that I don't mind the rewrite for Caroline either. Depending on how it goes of course.

• Members

Monday's episode was fantastic and the way soaps used to be written in the 80s and early 90s..Peggy McKay was riveting in her scenes; so meta how they are working this story of her illness. 

Cruz Castillo: jury still out, he seems to have picked up some Drake eye and face mannerisms...but Blair/Eve as wonderful.

Love the outfits Julie/Maggie and Caroline have been wearing; the actresses must be choosing their own wardrobe because Bloore's outfits on Eve, Kate and Theresa were horrid; those big ass print patters..yuck.

Of course, Salmons script was first rate.  And she revealed on her twitter that the breakdown was written by Dave Ryan.

• Members

Nicole is a hypocrtical bitch when she was going in on Kate for her crimes.  Really bitch? What about all the sh-t you did? I think Kate being involved in BB was revealed too soon. I wanted it to be a mystery a bit longer. Not feeling her and Nicole as business partners as it feels like a rehash of Sami and Nicole is Sami-lite

Ben asks Abby not to see Chad and here this ho is with him. Im with Ben and she deserved to be yelled at

Is the Eduardo stuff with the Hernandez family a rewrite? I thought their father died, not abandoned them. I just realized that if Kate gets with him, she will have been with father and son

Gabi has never seen a picture of her father? Rafe is at least 15 years older than her which there should have been 15 years worth of photos for her to have seen. I guess I can understand her not seeing the connection yet bc he's aged since then but I hope she puts it together. Oh and not that I want this family expanded but it feels like they should have finally cast the mother for all of this

The Adrienne and Justin reunion rings so false

• Members

Couple days behind, but I loved the flashbacks at the beginning of one episode with John remembering his time locked up in Maison Blanche. It reminded me of how fantastic and memorable the background music was in the mid-90's.  Since Corday has/had his hand in music composition, I've often hoped he would release another soundtrack, focusing on the 90's, as well as another for the 80's. Dare to dream.

Archived