DAYS: Timeslot change (or cancelled) for 10 affiliates? - DC, Chicago, Dallas, and more.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS became most vulnerable once it became NBC's only daytime show - no talk, no game shows - only multiple hours of TODAY and DAYS, which is an island. If NBC cancels DAYS, ABC would've been logical choice, BUT they gave the 3/2pm slot back to local affiliates when the Katie fiasco happened. There is no way they can get it back. They aren't going to cancel TV or TC for DAYS. Basically, it's NBC or nothing, plus there isn't much more they can do from a budget standpoint - they are bare bones - so it's unlikely a cable network could afford it - like OWN, except DAYS is probably the least diverse soap on the air - so there would have to be changes.

• Members

That's correct. People were asking about the change when WRC (Washington DC) tweeted they'd be shifting Days to Noon, so I simply went to the Meredith Vieira website and listed what times her show will air on the 10 NBC O&O's. I didn't look up when Days aired in those 10 markets, but probably most are keeping Days at the same time. I figured people in each of those 10 cities would already know what time Days airs in their market, so by listing the Meredith time slots, they could figure out if it would mean Days was moving or not.

• Members

DAYS is on at 1 PM here in Cleveland.

When Sunset Beach debuted in 1997, here in Cleveland they moved DAYS to 11 AM, then aired the local news at noon, then SUN came on at 1 PM with AW remaining at 2 PM.

In the summer of 1999, the schedule remained the same except for Passions replacing AW in the 2 PM slot.

When SUN was cancelled at the end of the year, DAYS was moved back to 1 PM where it has remained ever since.

• Members

I love Meredith, saw a promo for her new show yesterday and it didn't even dawn on me that something's got to give. I'm also in the D.C. area. I haven't watched it in several months, but Access Hollywood Live is actually a good entertainment news/talk show. I hope it finds a spot somewhere else if it's not being cancelled. At home viewers in areas that will make this change will now be able to watch every last soap left with only a half hour of overlap.

• Members

NBC renewed DAYS until 2016. It's fallin in the ratings but lets hope Kristen's return and Samis exit pulls up ratings. It will see its 50th anniversary which NBC will do huge press for. It just needs to promote Lorraine Broderick as her dialogue and emotional moments have been fabulous for days.

• Members

Tyra's show is syndicated - it will probably air on ABC O&O stations (like Katie), but it is not part of ABC daytime, which only has three shows now (TV, TC, GH), CBS has five and NBC has one. All other shows are syndicated and can air on any local affiliate.

Archived