Y&R: July 2013 Discussion

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Monday July 22.

I think people are unnecessarily harsh toward Hartley Sawyer. He's not a bad actor and IMO, he's attractive - just not in the traditional Ken doll way. He seems very much like the type of actor Bill Bell would have cast to me.

(And I liked Blake Hood too.)

• Members

Warning: I have yet to read this article but a hint; it is about MAB, Once Writer for Y&R and her foray into foray into 'Culture'. LMAO.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/fashion/once-writer-for-the-young-and-restless-is-charging-into-a-new-episode.html?_r=0&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1374927577-3L/ZNsiiVS5TDFn3oJj4pg&pagewanted=all

• Members

" he named her fledgling production company Vitameatavegamin, after the I Love Lucy health tonic. (Do you poop out at parties?) That screenplay, a time-travel comedy with a Disneyland element, has been written, and a marquee comedian is circling it, as they call tentative interest in Hollywood. She is talking to the cable network OWN about a show. And Ms. Bell has all kinds of ideas about online and mobile programming, like a Web soap about a woman trying to keep an old-line soap afloat."

Here's what she's doing. MS can hook her sail to this ship.

Why do they constantly call this woman a Bell. She just married into the family. Now i know why the writers continued to refer to Nikki as Mrs Victor Newman whether she was married to Victor or not...whether he had remarried or not! They act as if she is Lauralee or something.

• Members
Maria is so meta!

When I think I may be missing her tenure, I read that article and remember....

Sabrina the art curator and her "Mmmmm. Hmmmmmmmm" mumbly conversations with Victor;

Throwing Chris Engen to the wolves and replacing him with Muhney;

Sarah Smythe, Patty, kitty cat and all the doppelgangers;

Chipmunk Kevin;

Destroying the legacy character of Sharon in order to prop up Phyllis;

Faux Malcolm;

Lily's laughing cancer and Cane's never ending backstory;

Genevieve;

Killing off Hope, Liz, Brad, COLLEEN, Diane (Maura! Sob) and numerous others for quick, uninspiring story;

Those awful, syrupy Christmas episodes.

So to MAB I say: good luck with MOCA and that screenplay, honey!

• Members

Big, big barf on that MAB bullsh*t. Her PR person is doing a good job; a good plant that led to a truly ridiculous article. Poor, rich, badly-dressed MAB: She tried to save Y&R and now she's creating a web soap about it! Cry me a river, bitch.

Archived