Characters that made you stop watching

• Members

ATWT - Jennifer Munson. I grew to hate that biatch with the fires of soap hell. It made me crazy that she willingly slept with Craig and then everyone acted he raped her. She, Meg, and Paul finally made me stop watching ATWT regularly.

Y&R - A tie between Brittany Hodges and Kevin Fisher in 2004. I might have hated Kevin slightly more than Brittany, but not by much.

GH - Sonny turning his back on Robin and later putting A.J. on a butcher's hook. This is when I understood GH's morality had been turned on its head and would never return.

OLTL - Eternia drove me away, but I returned, only for horriific Jenn Rapport to send me away screaming this time. However, I did return to gleefully celebrate her death.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's interesting that this thread was created today, as I've been watching the OLTL reruns on SoapNet and am fast-approaching the point where I dropped this show like a bad habit back in 2010. Reasons why?

5321576538_673a10a75c_m.jpg

Not that I ever had any use for this social-climbing, self-hating, conniving bitch in her first tenure, but this show positioning her as the lead heroine whose ass everybody and their mother had to kiss was one of the main reasons why OLTL suffered in its final years. I was particularly done when Ron had Blair befriend this bipolar banshee.

20100427_KMissal_TStJohnBridge_445x590.j

I hated Frodd from jump, but managed to sit through this show because of other characters. What was the final straw that made me turn away? That scuzzbucket being far more loving to his mini-banshee of a long-lost daughter than he was to the only daughter that he'd known for years - the same daughter that he'd put through hell.

240px-GigiMorasco.png

Believe it or not, there was a time that I'd tolerated this duck-lipped trick (upon my first view of her arrival, though after re-watching it, I haven't the foggiest clue how her smugness escaped me back then). That all changed when she and this crash-test dummy:

031809_JPLavoisier_daddy_240x320.jpg

began to eat up valuable airtime. It was bad enough that Adriana was shat on and the great Dorian Lord had to humble herself to prop both of those worthless characters, but Schuyler being thrown under the bus and backed over by said bus a million and one times (along with far more valuable characters being written off) while those two assh0les remained is what did it for me.

240px-Natalie_Buchanan.jpg

Although I hated this red-headed heifer from jump for showing up as Viki's daughter - even though Viki already had one that was alive, well, and beloved by many viewers - my hatred hit an all-time high during the Evangeline years. Seeing that Spam-eating trailer trash constantly disrespect Vangie while this show (and the red-headed heifer's stans) expected me to believe that an intelligent, accomplished, and beautiful woman felt and was inferior to her damn near gave me a stroke, so I had to let it go. Watching a storied character like Marty Saybrooke being thrown under the bus for her tired ass was like deja vu all over again, so I bowed out yet again.

• Members

When tolerable is the best descriptor you can use for a member of an entire family, they're really not worth the screen time. I still don't think the Fords were Cartini's fault though, so much as an imposition made by Brian Frons. Notice the complete lack of Fords on the new OLTL cast list.

• Members

Oh for sure, but that was a continuation of someone else's drudgery. The Fords introduction and complete takeover of OLTL seemed so hasty, so smacking of "the network wants those damned minorities gone", that it just reeked of network interference.

Connie, oddly enough, doesn't bother me. I know, I'm in the small minority here, but I actually don't mind her.

Archived