Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't like a single pairing currently on canvas. I like Lauren and Michael but the stress they're experiencing now is certainly welcome to me because they were stagnating. Chelsea is a waste of airtime. How long before we see her walking down a runway after an oh-so successful fashion show. GMAB! Those sketches weren't anything amazing either. I wish she had left for Paris. But, it is a relief she's moving into Cane's orbit, they can be boring together. Steve needs a new hairstyle like 5 years ago. He made a point of saying his hair had to be different from before but it's not different enough. I'd love for Eileen to return to Y&R, too bad it won't happen. DOOL is using her as the villainess and some are enjoying it. Maybe down the road.....

• Members

What or why Eileen got fired Y&R, it ticks me off that she was fired and will not be returning to Y&R in the foreseeable future. I am even more annoyed that MAB killed off both Brad and Colleen. It makes it harder to ignore her reign of terror.

Damn, these man are beautiful.

• Members

This just goes to show that the Y&R hair and makeup people are not skilled with working with hair and complexions that are darker. Angel Conwell's hair should be looking this good (or at least something near it) on Y&R but instead, it's looking 'wiggy' the last time I saw scenes with her.

Everywhere else I see Lamon Archey he looks just as handsome, if not more so than Redaric Wiliams EXCEPT on Y&R where there are constant shadows over his face. The lighting gives his complexion a sallow, if not sickly look, giving him the appearance of a 'sad sack' type.

On a separate note,

Fingers crossed that Hogan Sheffer is gone! Perhaps there is some hope of an end to the misogynistic writing we've been subjected to for the past 4+ years or so.

• Members

On a soap produced by JFP? Surely you jest. Besides, I have never found Sheffer any more misogynistic than the other soap writers/producers. They all are stuck in or long for the 1950s when it comes their attitudes towards women and minorities.

Btw, I agree with you about Lamon Archey. He looks so much more better looking everywhere else than he does on Y&R.

• Members

Kevin should have never been brought back. He has been nothing character for years. He has never had a successful romance or story. I cannot get over how he has outlasted both J.T. and Colleen.

Chloe, on the hand, is a legacy character that ties the Chancellor/Abbott clans together. This patnership with Chelsea puts her back into Billy's orbit where she can be interesting again.

• Members

I just realized Hunter King hasn't been on in a while. I wish they had put her on contract, she was their best younger hire in years.

I've been enjoying the show more recently than I have in years. The casting has improved, most of the stories are more intriguing and the new characters actually interest me. There are of course still a few drags, but much less than there was a year ago.

I like Chloe, but Kevin drags her down. I really just don't see a place for Kevin on the canvas anymore. The money story is a drag and I'm only enjoying Noah and Adrianna's part in the story. I really like Lauren and Carmine too, I'm honestly rooting for Lauren to have an affair. Lauren's been at her best now than the 5 years I've been watching.

And I can't believe I'm saying this because I hated him on GH, but Steve Burton has been pretty good on Y&R and I'm looking forward to the Nick-Avery-Dylan triangle.

Archived