Favorite Behind-the-Scenes Rumors

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh there's just been a lot of gossip that coke became a real problem (I *think* more with the younger actors) on AMC in the early 80s--I think when the new EP came in (Babbin?) she put her foot down. But this may have not just been an AMC prob--the same era in New York is infamous for cocaine use being a problem on the job at Broadway shows--I've heard particular anecdotes about A Chorus Line (how anyone could do an intensely dance heavy show on cocaine is beyond me)--so much so that the producers had to bring in the actors union who had to basically school the cast and lay down hard rules that people would be instantly fired if they were found to be using during work, etc.

You can always go to Datalounge which is nothing *but* rumours... tongue.png

• Members

To this day, I have a soft spot in my heart for all the many variations on the "Guess Who's Doin' Who Behind the Dumpsters at GH" rumor (courtesy of Datalounge, of course). Depending on who you ask, it was either Stephen Martines and Jacob Young, Tyler Christopher and somebody (forget who), Steve Burton and somebody (forget who), Greg Vaughn and somebody (I think the girl who played Summer?), Cynthia Preston (ex-Faith) and Wally Kurth, Greg Vaughn and somebody else, Mo B and whoever was/is his "leading lady" at the moment.... As I've said, there are so many variations. ;)

• Members

My favorite from the TWoP thread was the one about the young, blonde starlet Paul Rauch was boning and ultimately fired. Allegedly, one morning in the makeup room, Robin Strasser said to the teary girl, "Honey, if I had to eat [Rauch's] dick for lunch every day, I'd own half the show by now."

Archived