Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Members

Agree completely about Chandler Massey. He's awful.

In every scene, he's like some bad high school actor who can't keep a straight face, and hee never seems in the moment. My guess is that DAYS couldn't WAIT for him to leave, and that's why he was bum-rushed out the door.

CM should never act again, because he just doesn't care about his craft.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH finally being put out of its misery in favor of a talk show with a Black host (whether it'd be Mo'Nique or Reverend Run and Justine Simmons) will be a delicious slice of karma for a show that has treated its Black characters like sh!t for about 15 years. I'll certainly offer up congrats to either one that manages to accomplish what should've been done that long ago.

• Members

Here's a GH UO that could get me stoned in some circles (okay, maybe not):

I am firmly Team Maxie in the custody SL. KSt can almost always make me feel for Maxie even though a lot of the time I shouldn't. And my first real exposure to Maxie on a regular basis was JL last year, while Kirsten was on medical leave. I was sad to see Jen go, but KSt has won me over completely (another UO: I like both actresses as Maxie). I will go so far to say that her Maxie reminds me quite a bit of my favorite anti-heroine of all: OLTL's divine Gabrielle Medina. And trust me, I do NOT say that lightly.

• Members

Its some what of a pet peeve of mine as well but I don't find it funny when actors who have been on the show for years openly talk about how they don't watch their soaps or don't know who certain actors are who have been on their show for months. It tells me they don't care to watch their own work to see how their scenes came out( and it's quite obvious for a couple of them) and they clearly don't care enough about the show outside of their own scenes. I'm not just talking about one actor but a few actors on the remaining soaps. I personally find it unprofessional.

• Members

It doesnt matter that they don't get full scripts. That has nothing to do with watching the show. Most of them do not work every single day of the week and DVR does exist. If newbie cast members can find the time to watch the show on a regular and get familiar with all the characters on canvas so can the vets. It's unprofessional to be bragging about not watching the show you're starring on.

• Members

Many actors don't like watching themselves because it makes them self conscious about their work. As an actor, I can sympathize. Also, as Jason Thompson said, he doesn't watch the show because he doesn't want to know anything that Patrick shouldn't know - an excellent point. It's far from unprofessional to not watch the show you're on. In fact, most actors will tell you that's the case.

• Members

If they don't watch their work how do they know what to improve on or when they played a scene badly?

Aside from that if they are out doing promo for their show they need to have an idea of who is on the show and what's going on on the show. How are they going to tell people to watch when they don't even watch themselves?

• Members

Hearing about it is not the same as seeing it though.

I don't understand your 12 hour day argument since they aren't working those shifts every single day of the week. I'm not saying they need to watch every single day or every single performance but they should at least try and watch a couple of times a month. It's really not that hard or too time consuming to do. Especially when they are doing interviews or events and being asked about the show and have no clue what is going on.

Archived