Recasts that never materialized

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been saying that since the moment I read Joan got the job, and there were even rumors about Mike Nader joining the show as Roger. If Diahann wouldn't do it, Shirley Bassey also would have been fun. Can you imagine Shirley Bassey and Joan Collins camping it up as sisters on a soap?? Talk about over the top...

• Members

I think Kim Hamilton is a beautiful lady but I've never been impressed by her acting. I agree that Petronia Palette would have been great in the role. Back in the nineties, someone on the boards suggested Ellen Holly should be hires as Victoria.

Dame Shirley Bassey is a singer more famous in her homeland, the UK. She sang three famous Bond themes, Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, and Moonraker. She is a very old friend of Joan's from back when Joan's ex, Anthony Newley, wrote the theme to Goldfinger. Shirley and Joan both dress in that old school ultraglam style and have called places like London, Marbella, Monaco, and the south of France, home.

• Members

Speaking of Strasser, wasn't she also rumored to be in the running for Angelica Devereaux on Days? Of course, there's the infamous Beth Ehlers as AMC's Liza. Erika Slezak has mentioned that she auditioned for the role of Mary Kennicott on AMC. Anyone know if that was for the original Mary or as a potential replacement for Susan Blanchard before they decided to just kill off the character? Also, sort of a recast, but Ellen Dolan has mentioned that GL tried to woo her back as Maureen around 86/87 because TPTB weren't happy with Ellen Parker in the role at the time. And who can forget all the actresses served up as potential Jill recasts when contract negotiations with Jess Walton were hairy a few years back. I remember hearing names like Colleen Zenk Pinter, Lauren Koslow, Anna Stuart, and even Jaclyn Smith bandied about LOL.

• Members

I have no idea about Tina, but MBE was as good as cast as OLTL's Paige Miller until ATWT finally offered her a contract in the eleventh hour. That role went to Kimberlin Brown.

On "Days," when Jay Johnson almost left as Philip in the fall of '08, Jon Prescott (Mike, ATWT), Dylan Bruce (Chris, ATWT), and Josh Duhon (Logan, GH) auditioned for the role. I never understood why they were fired from those roles in the first place. Also on "Days," Julie Pinson was considered to play Billie in '96 but they went with Krista Allen (?!?) and in '02, she was thisclose to being cast as Billie again before Lisa Rinna was lured back. She talked about being cast in '04 as an almost ten-year in the making thing and that she wanted to play Billie so bad. Her stint was the longest one for the character, too.

I also heard Erin Hershey was strongly considered for Courtney before they decided to kill her. I, for one, am thrilled StripperSkipperKungFuBarbie was killed and quickly forgotten (crazy considering the prominence she received, but maybe she was a Pratt, not Guza, pet).

Archived