DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

I do, but if that's where it's going, great. But what's fresh and current about any of the other stories. Even this story you're talking about has its roots in OLTL's gay story, and their other big story of the moment is a half-assed rip-off of GL's Reva/Annie story from 15 years ago! Like...I like Caroline's Alzheimer's story, but it's not a whole story, as they're just...leaving. I just feel like nothing's fresh, even their fresh stories just aren't well-conceived enough. But I do see what you mean.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, I read your post before I saw the show and wondered what in the world it could be about man she really is stupid. I loved how Hope covered her mouth and told her to shut up

I REALLY hate the Horton siblings right now and thats Jenn and Will. The is obssessed lunatic and the other one is coming across homophobic. They are the two most insufferable characters on the show

Sami and Kristen is made of pure win. Did they interact at all in the 90s?

Loved Sami's scene with Nicole. They have such a great dynamic and are great as frenemies

Gabi sleeps with Nick but I just realized not too long ago she was f--king his cousin

What the heck is up with all this focus on the donated baby clothes? I dont get it at all

• Members

I agree. I have to assume they are using this as a way to "expose" Nicole for knowing her baby had already died, but what a dull way to go about it. I could care less that she left baby clothes at the hospital that day. It just doesn't make sense and could so easily be explained away. Why wouldn't he find the chart she stole with the information (if she didn't dispose of it? I can't remember) or have the doctor who diagnosed her show up at Jennifer's trial and expose the truth then (that is if Nicole hadn't changed her story and Jennifer hadn't been released from jail after two minutes instead of letting the story play out for a bit).

• Administrator

ITA. When they first showed the baby clothes a couple weeks ago, I didn't get it. Then when they focused on the baby clothes again this week, I didn't get it. Then I realized what the significance was and was disappointed - this is how Nicole is going to be expose? Lame is right.

I was also disappointed with Bo's exit. What a boring exit. DAYS could've done something dramatic and exciting leading up to the exit and they could've planned for the future by having Bo die and freeing Hope to fall for someone else. Then Peter Reckell/Bo can return down the road and you already have a storyline ready to go.

Don't care about Will/Sonny and their sex life. Nick/Gabby are an instant couple - did they even go a date??

Jen is too dumb right now - willing to go to jail just so Dan can stay in town? WTF.

I haven't been excited about Kristen's return either. I'm disappointed that we probably won't get an explanation on how Kristen got out of the slavery.

There's just no energy to the show. Maybe T&W are saving the good stuff for Jan-March when NBC will be looking at DAYS' number really closely? I think that's when NBC will decide to renew DAYS or not. So the next two months will be more boring and setting stuff up for the new year. Maybe.

• Members

It's like what we used to say about unexplained (and unexplainable) doings on GUIDING LIGHT: there must be material out there -- breakdowns, scripts, even completed scenes -- that just never reached our screens.

Told y'all so. ;)

• Members

I would've rather seen a current character, preferrably Sami or Nicole, end up at the same little island as Kristen, help her escape and we see how she adjusts. I don't care how far out it is, I can't help but think that would be better than this crap they have been telling.

• Members

Even better? Let that current character be Marlena. She ends up on the same island as Kristen, spots her and realizes she is in danger, but have her wrestle, if only momentarily, with whether to rescue her. (After all, the two share a very acrimonious history -- and what if Kristen is just pretending to be in trouble as part of another scheme?) Then, once Marlena does help Kristen get back to Salem, she (reluctantly) aids in Kristen's recovery as Kristen tries to cope with the physical and psychological effects of being trapped for so long on that island, thereby causing real conflict between Marlena and a disbelieving (and disapproving) John.

I wish he had.

• Members

OMG...I caught up. That was a true waste of time. What a horrible week. I didn't understand WTH was up with the baby clothes. LOL at all that focus being wasted on those two stupid, irrelevant doctors. "Dr. Jonas, she's stealing!!!" rolleyes.gif SERIOUSLY??

The only thing I liked was that Kate/Sonny scene. Loved Kate wub.png

Archived