Characters that we gone too long and should've been on canvas

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At the time I remember trying to figure out which soap actors could pull off swinging off a tripod. I finally decided I wanted to see Beverlee McKinsey swinging a tripod. Considering some of her on-set relationships, maybe she did...

• Members

Aside from Asa, Bo and Viki, ONE LIFE TO LIVE had a devil of a time holding onto their vets, it seems.

And yeah, Delila should have returned, although I struggle to figure out the proper place for her on OLTL's post-Rauch canvas.

Huh?

• Members

Cringeworthy awful and I love me some Vanessa Marcil. I actually watched Las Vegas for 4 out of 5 seasons and most of her 90210 episodes!! That is how bad I thought her ride on the crazy train was.....

I loved early S&B, so I can't say he should have left before 97, but anything mildly endearing about him went out the window when he returned in late 98.

The tripod thing is in reference to Brenda going nuts during a modeling shoot and using a tripod as some sort of weapon to defend herself against imaginary gunshots.

• Members

There really are no appropriate words to describe what went on except WTF? It was just so, so horrible. I tend to block it out and pretend it never happened. It's not like GH brings it up much except to describe Brenda ad naseaum as mentally fragile. Poor tripod...........

• Members

Come to think of it, if I had been HW, I might've killed off Rafe and then paired up Delila with Andrew Carpenter. An odd pairing, to be sure, but at least Sami, now a teenager, might have given him, along with Sloan, more avenues for story.

• Members

I think Sami was Rafe's daughter (in fact, didn't Delila become a sort-of surrogate for the baby after Samantha Vernon had been murdered?), but I can't recall whether Rafe was related biologically to the Buchanans. Either way, though, I don't know whether I would have wanted Sami ret-conned as Asa or Bo's kid.

Meanwhile, I want to add Larry and Jenny Wolek to this ever-growing list. ONE LIFE TO LIVE never should have phased out all the Woleks. Not even if it meant pulling a Y&R and tying Larry and/or Jenny to other, new clans in Llanview.

• Members

I don't know how Susan was written out, but she was recasted and moved out Julie & Doug orbit. She married Greg Peters, had a child, Anne (VIA rape-by the brother of Greg, Eric Peters) and that's all I know.

Others from Days:

Neil Curtis

Alex Marshall

Marie Horton

Melissa Anderson

Phyllis Anderson

Liz Curtis

Don Craig

Trish Clayton

and My boy Tommy Horton .

• Members

I agree about Melissa maybe not so much some of the others. Melissa was young and fiesty and just as relevant as Jennifer. Melissa's parents were in town so she had connections. I feel like instead of Jennifer, Billie (I love the character), Frankie, Tony and even Stefano getting to come and go other characters should've been played a second round.

Archived