Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Reading through old summaries, I discovered that shortly after arriving in GC, Victor meet Casey and was attracted to her.Of course, that went nowhere as Bill Bell was playing around with new characters and relationships. By the time Victor met Nikki, Casey had left town.

I wonder if that connection was referred to by Victor when he and Nikki got involved or Victor didn't realize who Casey was eg Nikki referred to 'my sister'. Was the connection mentioned when Casey and Victor met again?

Also, was Suzanne given an official good bye or was it assumed she left town after failing to win over Derek?

• Members

When Casey came back to town for Nikki's wedding to Victor, Nikki goes introduce to them. Victor say's Dr. Casey Reed and she says Victor Newman so this is your fiance, and Nikki says you two know each other and they laugh and Victor say's that he and Casey met when Julia had to be in the hospital a few years ago.

I seem to recall that Casey and Brock got Julia a job in the hospital gift shop to get her away from the ranch and Victor put the kabosh on it. Victor hated Brock. There was also some stuff about Victor teaching Julia how to use a gun after a break in. I think they were going to have Victor set Brock up to go to the ranch and Julia thinking it was a prowler to shoot him by accident.

I wonder if Brock would have been the one in the basement at some point if he hadn't left the show around that time ? They brought the Michael Scott character in pretty quickly.

• Members

One thing that I read that surprised me was Deborah Adair stepped back into the role of Jill in 1987 prior to Jess taking over the role. I must have missed those episodes since I remember when Jess first appeared.

Deborah said in an interview she did it as a favor to Bill Bell and at that point didn't want to come back to daytime. She said she had fun and made some new friends.

Does anyone remember this ?

• Members

If only Bill knew what would become of Victor i'm sure he would've gladly let him take that bullet! :D

It's kind of interesting that throughout the 80's Victor didn't really have the malicious side to him post Michael/Julia dungeon storyline.From all the summaries I read to the early to mid 80's it seems like they spend that whole decade "redeeming him" into a "hero" and throwing in his relationship and marriage to Nikki, introducing Cora his mother then Matt his brother the affair with Ashley, the Eve Saga etc.......sure he schemed here and there but I take it that he first big malicious scheme since the dungeon was the Jabot takeover correct?......and that only happen because of Jack and ruthless. I may be wrong but it doesn't really seem like they focused on Newman Enterprises as much when Victor was first introduced compared to all the Newman vs Jabot stuff later.

• Members

Deborah came in around Oct 1986, Brenda was out sick (or re-negotiating) Deborah was on a few days and Brenda returned until June 1987 when Jess took over.

Deborah was on when Jill was trying to get Jack re-employed at Jabot. At least I think that was the story. Jill had to get as much support from the Jabot board to have Jack re-instated, she reunited Jack and John and hoped this would make Jack get on board with her ideas for a men's line at Jabot.

Edited by will81

• Members

Thanks for the info. I was probably in school and missed her stepping in. I remember being shocked when I saw Jess as the new Jill.

I wonder if Deborah Adair will ever return to soaps. I know she retired in the mid 90's to raise her kids, but they are probably now grown.