DAYS: Gets whole SOD Cover

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't wait for Beth's stuff to start showing up. It's not like the show is bad right now, it's just in a very boring stalemate. The same crap day after day. Same characters, etc. It's starting to become a little too much Sami/Austin/Carrie/Lucas for my tastes. Why not show Jack/Jen more cause they are LEAVING soon?

• Members

I want Marlena to go through all this, and J&M bonding over it. And I want John to remind her what he told her in the hospital, that if everything went ok with the baby, he would be its father.

So I guess it's back to EVERYONE pimps Bo and Hope huh? Marlena was still suffering going through HELL, being drugged and brainwashed, yet Bo needed her to fix Hope.

• Members

Now, now Pest Spray -- Steve and Bo have always had a special relationship and I think it's awesome that someone is remembering that. I want Marlena and John both involved in this story pronto, maybe even more than you do, but I'm willing to be patient. :P It's not really pimping, since there's real history there.

• Members

She was headwriter of DAYS from January to June 1992 with Richard Allen. The show wasn't great then...but I think Langan was calling all the shots at the time so Milstein/Allen would not have had much creative control. They did write the "One Stormy Night" primetime special, which I loved. This is the only time she has been headwriter of a show.

She was a breakdown writer on DAYS from the late 80's to the early 90's. Recently, she was a scriptwriter on B&B. Her dialogue was pretty good.

• Members

I just read an article/chat with Stephen Nichols where he said he didn't expect Jack and Steve to have any more scenes at all. He said once an actor is leaving Days they tend to remove him from the screen fairly quickly and out of all other storylines. :(

Interesting though that when asked about Matt leaving he said how much he was going to miss him, how much story he thought there was for Jack/Steve and was confident that he would be back playing Jack in the future. :)

• Members

I know that ever since the news broke that Matt was leaving I have read several postings on the net saying that Hogan wanted to keep Matt on the show (he supposedly had not one but two stories for him) but was overruled by Corday. And another interview with Steve that I read before I went on vacation talked about Steve's hope that the new writer would find a way to bring Matt back.

So, who knows, maybe six months down the line he will come back? :)

• Members

Not my point. My point is that Bo and Hope always need others to fix things for them. First they used Marlena - who'd just gone through hell (for 3 years no less), now they're using Steve. Both amnesiacs. Hopefully Steve will speak as much sense as Marlena did to Hope because Mar said everything Hope had to hear, and made more sense in that minute than Bo and Hope had in months, combined, split and whatever.

• Members

I apologize. In your initial post, it didn't come across that way. I think we'll see a change in the pimping with both Beth and Hogan -- after all, this is not ABCD and there's no one (aside from Corday) who is around to influence our writers.

Archived