SOW Blind Item

• Members

Okay, for the ones who are saying it can't be Drake, am I the ONLY one who remembers Drake and Lauren actively CAMPAIGNING to viewers to write in about their love for JATE? Back then, anyway, he wanted out of Jarlena. I was shocked, too. But it seems for him, the'90s are over.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was posted around the net that Drake wanted to play opposite Lauren rather than Dee last year, but then that could have been due to they were trying to sell the on screen pairing while Dee's sl took her somewhere else. Personally, I think John and Kate make a great pair, but John and Marlena keep some stability to Days so I've hopped on their bandwagon and support John and Marlena just for the sake of having something to count on.....hopefully. With a stabilizing center, there can be all sorts of turbulence around but you can always touch there and get stabilized :mellow: or something like that ;)

It would be fun to watch Philip develop on his own. Philip and Belle are a match made in heaven though it would seem. Both offspring of powerful families, bred to their status in life and able to do exceptional things together. I just wonder what the new writers will do with them.

It could be Jason, who at last is fed up with his leading lady B)

• Members

I think the whole Drake thing last year was him trying to sell Jate and the current story which had him and Marlena apart. Kate and Alex were involved in that so Drake may have been selling the writing since Deidre did that alot for JER so many times. Drake and Dee were on the Soaptalk Days 40th Anniversary episode and they seemed pretty close so I don't think there is a problem.

I could see it being Brandt or Reynolds but Jim loves Renee so maybe not.

I honestly don't think it is about Days. If Matt Ashford wasn't fired, I would assume and hope it was him but we all know that is not the case.

• Members

I saw something like this awhile back, and I thought it referred to an east coast soap actor, and alot of people were saying it might be Jacob Young from AMC, since his contract is about to expire. I'm wondering if he might not be tired of the repetitiveness of JR & Babe, and not that it would be anything against any leading lady no matter who it is :)

• Members

The actual blind item reads(SOW, August 8) "Which leading man was happy re-sign on one condition: He would wouldn't have to work with his leading lady anymore. On another coast, a different actor is playing hardball with his negotiations, saying he wants out of his on-screen romance, too."

On OLTL boards, the speculation is that one of the actors is ME-however, in the first situation it sounds like the person has re-signed. And in the second case, after some warring fanbases started claiming that last year, he denied it on his website and did interviews with the soap mags saying he liked working with both women. There are also reports that the actor playing hardball is from AMC. With five soaps on the west coast, and four on the east, there are endless possibilities.

• Members

It just dawned on me who it is and it's pretty obvious. It's Jason Cook, but it's not a reference to Farrah Fath.. Think about it. Jason Cook, Kyle Brandt & Farrah Fath are all leaving the show on their own accord. Who's missing from that picture? I doubt that's merely a coincidence either, since it's pretty well known that Fath, Cook & Brandt hang out off set & outside of Days. I always have gotten the feeling that MM never really fit in with that crowd and the impression I've always had is they do not like her or vice versa. Funny thing, even if Martha was TOTALLY in the wrong & the !@#$%^&*] in this situation, I, for one, would adore her even more for her coup de trois. I'm all for any !@#$%^&*] wiping three mediocre actors off Days in one swoop. :D

Archived