ATWT: Question about Rumor (Possible Spoiler)

• Members

I got a feeling this whole story is a smokescreen. I sure hope ATWT would never entertain the thought of killing off someone like Tom or Lisa, because if they did the show just signed its death warrant. You don't cavalierly get rid of characters like that for real and survive as a soap.

It's bad enough Jennifer's going to kick the bucket next week. You're going to get some good short-term drama out of it, but two or three years down the road you're gonna wish you had that character back on the canvas. (See A.J. Quartermaine, General Hospital in the dictionary for an example)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like Steve mentioned in the first post, I don't normally read ATWT spoilers anymore, but if the rumors are true about Tom and Lisa getting killed off, I think it's time that we ATWT fans start flooding P&G and CBS. It's one thing to keep the characters and never give them a storyline, but to kill them off is totally unjustifiable. It's basically killing off the Hughes family, and in a way, killing off ATWT itself.

Besides, if ATWT decides to pull a Days storyline, I'd still be pissed. There's a reason why I watch ATWT and not Days. I'm not saying that Days is bad...don't get me wrong...it's just not my cup of tea, just like the Days viewers who don't watch ATWT. You expect different things out of different soaps, and frankly, I expect better out of ATWT than to copy Days' storyline (which proved to not work anyway in the long-run).

If *any* of the vets get killed off (even if it winds up being a facade), ATWT will be losing me as a loyal viewer, that's for sure. I'm still pissed off that they're killing off Jen who, even though she's not one of my favorites, is a legacy character and has more of a right to be on the show than characters like Maddie, Gwen, and Jade. :rolleyes:

Umm...ATWT won't be lasting for years to come if they decide to kill off someone like Lisa. This is exactly like what happened on AW when they killed off Frankie, and look what happened to that show!! I'd never think I'd see the day when I'd place Chris Goutman on the same level as Jill Farren Phelps!

• Members

Killing off Dusty is fine by me. As for Paul, eh...he is annoying, but I don't want to see another one of Barbara's children dead. Plus, he's like a cat: he's been back from the dead twice already. :rolleyes: I'm sure that even if they showed him getting stabbed through the chest 50 times, viewers still wouldn't believe that he actually died.

The thing that pisses me off is that they're all going to kill a character off (I'm thinking Tom, since I've heard a lot of rumors about SH leaving the show) for Maddie's storyline?? WTF! Maddie isn't even that great of a character IMO. Her only relation is Henry! Hypothetically-speaking, killing off Tom should give the Hughes family (Lisa, Bob, Kim, Nancy, Margo, Casey) a big storyline, but I'm sure that they'd instead have it turn into a teen storyline instead, involving Casey and Maddie. And besides, what are the long-term benefits? Tom and Margo haven't had a storyline in ages, neither have the Hughes family. So if Tom dies, suddenly they're going to be front-and-center? I doubt it! It's the same w/ Jen's death: like someone said, down the road (if ATWT is even still around :rolleyes:), the writers are going to be kicking themselves b/c Jen was killed off. She could have been the next Kim Hughes if they wrote the character properly enough.

I'm waiting to see what happens when they finally kill off Jen b/c the last thing I want is to see Dusty, Paul, and Meg grieve.

• Members

I like Paul's character, actually I like all the characters. I started watching ATWT because I caught a glimpse of Dusty and Lucy's storyline while I was flipping through the channels. I stayed watching it because I loved Dusty and Jennifer and Paul and Meg....my two fave couples. Maddie and Casey are great too. I like the storyline with Maddie and think it will be interesting but wonder why the sacrifice of key characters also.

• Members

ATWT is never going to kill off characters like Paul and Dusty. :rolleyes: If anyone took the fan panel thing on the website, all it does is mention the characters that have been frontburners for ages now. It's really sickening.

I don't want to give up on ATWT, but I'm at the point where I might just stop watching soaps altogether. ATWT is still interesting, but I don't think I can put up w/ the same people being in storylines, while so much talent gets wasted. If the show does kill off Tom and Lisa...and I heard there's a third character, then I'm absolutely done w/ the show. And I'll never return.

Sometimes I wish that the vets, and all the other neglected actors, on the show would just leave, like Larry Bryggman did, and see how the show holds up w/o them. The only thing that sets ATWT apart from the other crappy soaps is that it has a strong veteran cast. W/o them, ATWT is just an ordinary soap.

Archived