ATWT: Question about Rumor (Possible Spoiler)

• Members

I just read about some rumors going around about the murder mystery story, and about another death. I was wondering if any one had any confirmation.

One death is stated to occur next week but have nothing to do with the mystery. It is that Jennifer will die. The producers chose to kill her off instead of recasting.

The other death or deaths deal with the murder mystery. The rumored victim at this time is either Tom Hughes or Lisa Grimaldi.

I cannot even think that they would think about killing either of them.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about any of this. I have been trying to stay spoiler free but I read this before I even realized what I was reading.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've long read that Jennifer was going to die, but I assumed it would be a back from the dead situation. The way they're playing it now, she very well could die for good, but I don't see it happening. To just throw it at us would be a huge shock, but how will they handle the fallout? Will Hal and Barbara really get the screentime they deserve, or will it all be about Paul and Dusty? You also have to wonder if they'll explain why all of Jennifer's half siblings won't be there.

As for the murder mystery and Lisa or Tom dying, I refuse to even entertain such silly thoughts! I honestly wouldn't put it past them, but it is so awful to think about. Whenever it comes to these murder mysteries, they kill off the vets because they KNOW we love them and they KNOW we want to see them. My question is, why won't they give them story, yet they are willing to use them as plot twists? Makes no sense! If people will care about them dying, then they'll care about them alive.

Besides, if Lisa died, we won't see Tom grieve. If Tom dies, we won't see Lisa or Margo grieve. This is my main problem with all three storylines. They way ATWT tells story now, I don't see them doing any of the three justice.

• Members

Jen's dying Steve :( And I read in her interview that it was going to be heartbreaking.

A little insight into the Murder mystery...

Teen horror flicks get a send up on CBS' ATWT when a secret Maddie has kept buried - one involving a sexual assault - suddently comes back to haunt her on June 26. Just as the cute high schooler seems to be going over the edge in late July, there's a murder. Then another. And another... "This story may be a little shocking," warns headwriter Jean Passanante. "We want to get hearts pumping this summer, and not just in a romantic way."

Passanante also says some important and major characters are getting whacked off in July. No word who is going to wind up dead, but fans will be shocked! The storyline is so important, it's has an on location shoot. The story involves Maddie, who is going to be revealed as having been molested/sexually abused. The scene of the death of one of Oakdale's prominent citizens will rock the entire town, as a rainy, stormy night sets many events into motion. Lasting three days, the storm will have major affects on the characters for years to come.

• Members

Looks to be good Andre.

I am just puzzled by this "The scene of the death of one of Oakdale's prominent citizens will rock the entire town"

I wonder if that means the death scene itself, or the actual place/scene where it occurs?

• Members

They better not kill off Tom or Lisa. That will be the end for this show. We won't see the right people grieving. Let me guess, we'll get to see Paul, Meg, Emily and Dusty's reaction to Tom's death. What a bunch of BS and the same old people featured.

I'm sorry, but as much as I like Maddie, to sacrifice 40-50 year characters to give her a take-off of horror flicks summer story is the biggest bunch of hooey I've ever heard. Remember when AW brutally killed off Frankie Frame. Yeah, that was supposed to really help the show. STUPID!

• Members

I absolutely agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be the biggest mistake they could make. Chris/Jean needs to go if they are responsible for that and can't come up with any better.

In the fiftieth anniversary year they should be giving us stories that respect the history of the show and showcase the vets,not destroy them!

• Members

You know, this thing about Tom is looking more and more likely. :( I remember people remarking how strange it was that Scott Holmes wasn't at the fab club luncheon. Then we have Ellen Dolan saying she'd leave if she didn't get story, yet she re-signed her contract. Could this be her story?

I'm having a hard time picturing Margo or Jessica being written for on the new ATWT, but we shall see.

• Members

I hate to see either Lisa or Tom go. It would be so bad.

If Lisa survives it will be the second time she has. The character was almost killed off in the 80's when Betsy Von Furstenburg was playing Lisa. Luckily they were able to lure Eileen Fulton back, and they killed off Whit McColl instead of Lisa.

This is not one of those either/or situations either where you have a good choice or a bad choice - because there is just not one.

I will tell you I have supported Passanante on ATWT but if she does this she will make a whole legion of fans unhappy.

• Members

Henry is by far the most entertaining character in daytime right now. He is so fun. He is to ATWT what Simone is to AMC, not much story but man is such a treat when they do get screentime.

If ATWT does go through with this killing off vets and Jennifer.... man lol daytime really is in a tailspin. AMC at least didn't kill off their vets, just fired them.

• Members

I just have a feeling that this summer is gonna be like DAYS's serial killer s/l with Marlena. Everyone's going to be so outraged, but in the end, the actor/character may very well come back.

At least, thats what i HOPE is going to happen....

Archived