Genie Francis Exit Interview (Circa 2002)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate the way GH treated Genie. I'm not sure if I'm glad she's coming back or not. It's one of those "be careful what you wish for things. I just hope she gets a great story.

I'm glad she said there wasn't any tension between she and Tony. I hope that's still true. I like to imagine them as friends.

• Members

And she wants to return to THIS? Well, thankfully for her, this new comeback is expected to be short. After watching her Intimate Portrait on Lifetime: Real Women, a few months back, I truly felt sorry for her. She said she associates the show with a lot of negatives times in her life. Also, ABC treated her like [!@#$%^&*], they had her fired from her role on AMC/Loving to go back to GH because she was worth more to them there.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I'm very sure than once JF Phelps leaves GH (and maybe if R Guza Jr. as well), the show's new EP will ask the wonderfully talented G. Francis to return permanently or for a much longer stint than her 6 wk one in late last year. The buzz surrounding her return & "re-marriage" to Luke Spencer was more than any other daytime drama has received in years.

Maybe the last time that happened was either when Nikki Landers (Newman) was gunned down by Sarah aka Veronica Landers in 1998 at the Newman ranch (so many viewers thought that Nikki really died :o) or when NBC announced the cancellation of the much-missed Another World in March 99 (the feedback poured into NBC, Procter & Gamble Productions & the daytime media by the truckloads :o) or when AW aired it's last ep in late June 99 (sadness & anger like no other). I know that the last 3 aforementioned buzz-getters were HUGE across America & Canada. HUGE! Also the 03/04 Salem Serial Killer SL was a ratings & buzz-getter.

Come back Genie Francis! GH needs you! You are a tremendous asset! You did gave much more of yourself in less than 20 eps than what most actors/actresses gave all year round! You deserved the 2007 Daytime Emmy pre-nom, you deserve a nod, and you deserve a win because you were, without a doubt, the Best Supporting Actress of 2006!

Archived