ATWT: Jennifer Ferrin Out

• Members

Looks like JF will not renew her contract when it expires this June. ATWT plans on recasting Jennifer...who would you like to see as a recast?

Can't think of any other redhead soap stars in that age group. Could CBS try to snag Heather Tom away from ABC's OLTL? Or could they go after Erin Hershey Presley? Personally, I do not think these actresses would make a good Jenn #3, but they are [NAME NOT ALLOWED].

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow where did you hear this? I am not that surprised.... Heather Tom would be good if she does in fact leave OLTL... but her contract does not expire until the end of the year. What if Eden Riegel ever decided to do another soap role could long time ATWT fans see her as Jennifer? I doubt Eden would ever do another daytime show other than AMC but that would be an interesting and very similar role for her.

• Members

I want Heather Tom on ATWT!!! I think they should write Jen out for awhile, just long enough to snag Heather. I don't think Y&R would can Amelia as Victoria and I really think Barbara Bloom would do alot to get her back.

Awe well...JUST DON'T LEAVE JEN!!!

• Members

I sure hope Jennifer does not leave, but I think the following would make okay Jennifer's on the show. All are close to Jennifer Ferrin's age:

Martha Madison (if she ever chose to leave Days, but don't steal her away as Belle - love love her)

Adrienne Frantz (if she could be lured to New York)

Alicia Leigh Willis (hated her character Courtney on GH but she is a good actress)

Melissa Archer (she would be much better as Jennifer than she is as Natalie on One Life To Live. The character of Natalie has been ruined by the writers)

Elizabeth Hendrickson (was great as Maggie and Frankie on AMC; would she come back to daytime)

Kelli Giddish (would be great to steal her from AMC. She is the right age and is a terrific actress)

Jessica Morris (was good as Jen on OLTL but might be too much of a shock switching Jennifer to that much of a blonde)

Alexis Thorpe (would be a different type of Jennifer but I believe could handle it)

I would love Heather Tom, but wonder if she would not be too old for Jennifer. The last 2 Jennifers have been played by actresses born in the 1979 and 1980 range. Heather Tom was born in 1975. I know that some actresses can play younger, but she still seems older than Jennifer should be. Just a thought.

I would still love to see Heather Tom come on as Danni Andropolous.

• Members

Awww...I liked her but I do admit I was hoping for them to write a story for Jennifer that didn't involve so much crying.

I'm not sure I wanna see a recast...do they really need Jennifer right now? She seems to be an extra to the whole Emily/Paul/Meg story and I thought the reason they're bringing back Lucy was because Jen leaving would free up Dusty.

• Members

Are you kidding?! Jennifer (character) is supposed to be in her late twenties, early thirties. As much as I love Alexis...I only see her playing up to like a 23 year old.

And besides....I'm pretty sure (since ever actress before has) TPTB will choose someone with red hair.

• Members

Dusty, On the show in 1999 she celebrated her 16th birthday which would make her about 23 now. I know that they have probably SORAS'd her a little more since then but not into her 30's. That would make her born about 1983 on the show (her real birth on the show was October 29, 1990 - meaning she was SORAS'd about 7 years ahead in 1999.

She has been pretty consistently on the show since 1999 with a little less than a year off between 2002 and 2003.

The age of the last two actresses is only 1 year apart. Kim Onash was born in 1982, and then her replacement Jennifer Ferrin was born in 1981 - indicating the producers were keeping Jennifer close to the age they established in 1999.

So I would say Alexis Thorpe is near the right age to play her.

Archived