ATWT: Jennifer Ferrin Out

• Members

She should be around 23-25...not any older. Remember when she first came in 2003, she was going after "older" men like Dusty which pissed off Molly since Jenn and Abigail (Molly's daughter) were best friends. I think Alexis Thorpe could really do the whole "depending on big brother Paul" as well as be a !@#$%^&*] to Lucy when she returns.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awww I'll miss Jennifer Ferrin, wish her all the best in whatever she does :)

Isn't Jennifer(the character) an established redhead? So anyone they get would have to color their hair if they're not a redhead.

I think Robin Christopher would be excellent for the part if she wasn't on GH

• Members

Chris B - I love all my choices esp. Martha Madison. She is a great actress. With the blonder hair she is not the best choice for Jennifer but she is one of the best cryers in the business and could play Jennifer's angst perfectly. She could play very well off Roger Howarth too. Melissa Archer would be my last choice but one thing about Melissa is that she could give Jennifer an edge that she really needs at times. Martha Madison is good at that too. Martha had given Belle an edge that she never had before.

As to the ones who don't want Jennifer recast, I think not recasting her would be a big mistake. The same type of mistake that AMC has made in not recasting Bianca.

AMC and ATWT have both worked to set up families centered around Erica (AMC) and Barbara (ATWT) and made those families the center of the show. When Bianca left AMC and then Greenlee (Erica's step-daughter) - big dynamics were lost in this family. Esp. with Bianca the writers set up this big story of the 3 Kane women and the first granddaughter. All the dynamic of Erica's family is gone. The part that made it work is gone.

With Jennifer out it leaves Barbara only interacting with Paul and Will. That special bond of neediness between Paul and Jen would be gone too. It would erase a part of what they have worked to establish. And there is still much more to explore with this dysfunctional family.

• Members

I wouldn't mind if Jennifer stayed gone alone with Paul. I don't want to lose Will but the rest of the family only drags down the show for me. And now we'll probably have a Dusty/Jen/Lucy triangle with two new actresses which makes me care even less.

• Members

I'm not too upset to see JF go, but maybe the show should wait a few months before recasting. I know that when KO left, they waited a while before bringing JF as Jen.

And there's no way that Jen is in her thirties. I would say early 20s, mid-20s now since they had her have a baby. She didn't go to college, but started modeling when she was a teen and was only 18-19 when she went to Europe.

I definitely want to see Jen stay in Oakdale, but they'd have to get a good actress as the re-cast. I just think that there are some characters that should stay in Oakdale, and I definitely think that it's good having all of the Ryan children on the show.

If RC came to ATWT, I could see her being a good Frannie Hughes.

• Members

I went from loving the Ryan family to hating them. Sometimes I like Paul but when Roger Howarth goes over-the-top..it's just grating. There have been so many scenes lately in which I've noticed him using this exaggerated tone when the scenes are actually calling for something more serious. Or they they purposedly write Paul as a guy who thinks everything's a joke. <_<

I love Colleen Zenk-Pinter but her character is back to being campy and almost one-note. And she's stuck in this lame story trying to break up two teens. :rolleyes:

I also used to love Jesse Soffer but what have they done with Will??? :blink: He came to the show as a potential Stenbeck heir (when he manipulated Babs in the hospital) and now he's stuck with this teenage mushy romance crap acting like a total idiot. They are totally wasting him.

As for Jennifer...I think Jennifer Ferrin is a really good actress but can't say I'll really miss Jen. She quickly turned into a younger version of Lily around the time she jumped Craig's bones and I haven't really liked her since. I don't wanna see a recast, either.

• Members

I agree SJ about Barbara. I really hate what they've done to her, especially now that it's been announced that John James is on contract with AMC. They had a really nice chemistry and I saw long term potential if they cleaned his character up a bit. But what do they do? Dump him, as usual, to make way for Babara: TerrorMom. At this point I'd like them to do a triangle with Hal and Susan, but I doubt it will happen.

I guess Barbara has aged into an unusable vet now. :(

Archived