• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Emmy thoughts:

-- The ratings are actually very good, and streaming also did very well. Should mean we get another network broadcast next year.

-- The show didn't look expensive, but I wouldn't call it a bad looking production, either, and iT was pretty much glitch-free.

-- I didn't like the choice to show a clip of the winner after the winner was announced and before the speech. Just odd, and the momentum was lost.

-- Both Lead Actor wins were a major bummer for me. I don't think Michelle Stafford deserved that trophy, and for the life of me, I will NEVER understand Thorsten Kaye's win. Just a joke.

-- The segment with Melody Thomas Scott and Edward Scott getting awards was special, and I appreciated that the Emmys didn't shortchange them with two minutes. That was done with the audience in mind. Too many times in the past the show has been helmed by people who don't care about daytime. I loved the shots of Joshua Morrow and Amelia Heinle during that segment.

-- Camera shots were great all night. I enjoyed seeing all the soap stars there, dressed up and looking fine.

-- As usual, much of the presenter banter was cringe. Some intros (like the cooking segment) were beyond awful.

-- I agree with everyone else about Frank Valentini. He's clearly loved by his cast, but on awards shows he comes off as a psych ward patient.

-- When Dan O'Connor accepted the writing award for GH, I thought he threw shade when he mentioned the show "drawing 2 million viewers a week." Those of us paying attention know that GH has been UNDER 2 million for a month -- since he was fired. I think his words were deliberate.

• Members

Now now be careful.

Please register in order to view this content

I've seen only one episode of his so I don't have any feelings about his acting/pairing/liking.

• Members

Yep.  

I don't remember Frank Valentini always being so...muted?  Between his appearance at last year's Emmys and this year's, I definitely think there's something wrong with Frank and that the show and network are keeping it quiet for whatever reason.

• Members
Posted (edited)

As one that never really got into the backstage drama at GH (save for Patrick Mulcahey exiting, damn it...sigh!), I have to say Frank Valentini looked ill last night. Maybe I'm wrong, but something was definitely off.

On another topic, I am thrilled for Dick Van Dyke and his win! With that said, what I am about to say will be controversial as I think he won because...well, he is a legend, and had less to do with Days' writing itself. It occurred to me that with the exception of that win, the show was shut out again. I will be controversial and say that while camp can be fun, it obviously doesn't win awards. And with Ron back, I fear that will continue.

Wondering if the new hire will balance Ron's love of silliness with some gravitas? Not saying the show needs to be a History Channel documentary, but the show has never escaped its reputation as a lightweight once JER started with possessions and such, and Ron seems content to keep that going.

Seeing 1960s/'70s/even early '80s Days clips next to current day, it almost seemed like another show altogether.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

The back of Michelle's dress:

Please register in order to view this content

Full video view of Michelle's dress shows front and side views and close-up of the bottom part of the dress.

------------------------------------------

video of Linsey Godfrey seems to be the same dress

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/video/linsey-godfrey-attends-the-51st-annual-daytime-emmys-news-footage/2156562559

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7-OCvJyO4T/